Orion HD32

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 24 ch API . Was used for live so no multitrack monitor .  Currently use a Omni I:O with 192 16 in.  16 out with ad8000.  Omni makes a great 5.1 monitor controller.  I hope it last for a while.  When that 192 goes , I'm liking the HD Orion.

fazer said:
The new Orion. HD32 looks incredible with available channel count and clocking.  Impressive for $3500. 

"innovative Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology"

Every time I see a line like this in a blurb about a new product, I can't help but think that this is the company's first FPGA design.

> sorry about the long URL

You can truncate it at the "/?". The rest of that tracks it through your email.

https://westlakepro.com/product/antelope-orion32-hd

Andy Peters said:
"innovative Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology"

Every time I see a line like this in a blurb about a new product, I can't help but think that this is the company's first FPGA design.

I don't think it is - they have ben around since tha Aadvark clock days. As I understand it, they actively use the fpga by dumping their plug-ins/emulations in there - that is running component-level circuit simulation in fpga, because it is particular good at this sort of heavy lifting..

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
I don't think it is - they have ben around since tha Aadvark clock days. As I understand it, they actively use the fpga by dumping their plug-ins/emulations in there - that is running component-level circuit simulation in fpga, because it is particular good at this sort of heavy lifting..

I know they're not newbies at this at all, but why add "FPGA" to the marketing? The only people who will even know what that means are EEs who use the parts. FPGAs are an implementation detail.

Andy Peters said:
I know they're not newbies at this at all, but why add "FPGA" to the marketing? The only people who will even know what that means are EEs who use the parts. FPGAs are an implementation detail.

Smells to me like one of those cases where the marcom people have no idea what it is and think it sounds like a really cool selling point.

Does everyone and their mother actually run fpga-native plugin simulations like this now?

I had the impression that this was something relatively new and fun, getting away from running pseudo-dsp on graphics chips like UA does it?

Jakob E.

Back