OT darn evilbay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm still looking for a portable minidisc with built-in microphones to record ideas, reheasals, notes, whatever...

You're selling?

Tony

That ship has long since sailed. I gave it to a buddy as a X-mas gift shortly after.

There are some interesting new minidisc recorders out now that record on HD type discs in uncompressed PCM format. Now Sony ahs finally released the utility to dumb them via USB to WAV files on a host PC.

THey are a bit expensoive though. One with decent converters and a built in (albeit crappy) mic preamp run upwards of $300.

Shane

I've been a happier man with more free time (and more money in my bank account) since I stopped bothering with eBay.

But when I was still using eBay, I followed the simple rule outlined by Scenaria: decide the maximum you're willing to pay, and place your bid as late as possible. If you lose, well... the other guy paid too much, that's all.

I would aim to place my bid during the last minute or two of the auction, and pray that I would not fall victim to a sudden server slowdown. And when you find yourself getting upset over losing an auction, it's time to take a break from eBay :wink:

The advice against early bidding is good advice, since early bidding does indeed drive prices up.

The reason I was able to give up eBay pretty easily is because I would add stuff to my "watch list" and then forget to log on again before the auctions ended. I was missing so many auctions that eventually it didn't seem to make any sense to log on at all.

Latest posts

Back