Otari schematic help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Buzz

I've posted this at a few other forums to no avail, maybe someone here can help!

I'm looking for a schematic for the Capstan servo of an Otari MX7800 tape machine. The board is mounted next to the capstan motor and is labelled PB-0141. If anybody can help it would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Tim.

Hi Buzz,

Welcome to the Lab!

I'm sorry, I never came across any of the Otrari MX7800's. It must be quite a rare beast?

Otari in Germany are by far the most helpfull with service manuals - maybe you could try contacting them?

And then there's this guy - it is an old post, but maybe he's still to find:
http://www.broadcast.net/pipermail/broadcast/2001-September/102640.html

Jakob E.

Welcome Tim, great to see you here.

For those who don't know Tim is the designer of the famous MA2.2 preamp from Buzz Audio [ New Zeeland ]. It is a solid state, transformerless mic preamp so it would be great to ask Tim about the philosophy behind the MA2.2 .
You can look at his designs at www.buzzaudio.com

chrissugar

Thanks for the welcome and sure I'll answer any questions you might have. I'll try contacting that chap you have suggested Jakob.

Cheers
Tim.

Hi Tim,

I have look in my MX-7800 manual, and I can not find information about the capstan pc-card PB-0141 (or EM-710-009 that I have see you ask about in a other forum)
Otari aviod everything about the capstan motor system in the manual, I can only find a 11 pin connector on the "tape transport wiring diagram" that is mark "capstan PCB"

Tell me if you need some other tinks, I have the manual.

Good luck with the capstan PCB hunting.

BTW, if you find the schematic, please tell me, it can be nice to have this very rare schematic in my manual.

--Bo

Hi Bo,

Exactly the same situation here, have the manual, but no schematic for that board. I recall this in other Otari manuals too. Will let you know if I find it. The Oz agent for Otari said they might be able to help. Failing that, I'll sit down and draw the damn thing out myself!

Tim.

Latest posts

Back