P96DI & A72DI - Passive and Active Di Boxes in Business Card Format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I have build the passive and active on the past and discover few things are wrong...
So i'd like to make them right or closer...
If I understand, on the active I will have to change (R14/R15) the 2x 680ohm by something between 50 and 100 ohm !

On the passive, I will have to remove the Rpad1 4K7 resistor. but that mean Pad will not work anymore !?
and what about the merge ? which I find very useful with synth.

does that 2 changes will help !?
best
0-0

thats the original schematic for the active one. refering to that R17 + R18 needs to be 330R and R14 + R15 needs to be 680R. Some people said you can leave away C14 and C15.
The Merge is realised on the original active schematic with 10k on both input legs.

For the first passive Version Merge should work with also 1k, thats the same value Radial using in the JDI
For Pad you can make it work when you wire a DPT switch off board with three resistors like in the last posted schematic and then it back to signal way on the PCB.

Attachments

• di2mk3-2.PDF
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
piggybacking on this topic instead of starting another for, reasons.
Bought a second Black EQ kit from you last Nov because the first one was so fun.
And your were generous enough to toss in one of your business card PCBs.
In this case for a headphone amp.
It's pretty straightforward. I kind of figured out C2, 3, 4 are likely the same 100uf as C1.
Found some Neutriks that fit the narrow pin spacing for 1/4" jacks.
I'm wondering about all the 1R resistors and the 20k stereo pots.
Best I can do without ordering anything is 1.3 ohms and 50k pots. Hope that isn't too far out of spec.
I also am curious if this will run off a pair of 9volt batteries set up for -9 and +9.
The TL074 should be okay AFAIK?
This is really only worth it to me if I can stuff it in a pedal box with batteries and use it when troubleshooting signal flow issues.
Might even wire up some parallel connectors so I can audition 1/8" and XLR line level.

Latest posts

Back