Painton fader help please

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pba81

Hi everybody,
This is my first post here. So a while ago I bought some boxes "various audio" from a retired broadcaster. I found this fader module with wich turns out to be a Painton part number G.S. 102287. Does anybody know in wich console / apparatus this fader was used?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012 KB · Views: 50
ruffrecords said:
Do my eyes deceive more or has it got 'Berlin' written on the side?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,
The one on top is indeed a Danner module used in Philils  consoles I think,  got 20 5kOhm, and 4 2kOhm of this type. The one on the left is the Painton one. Online I can't find any pictures similar to this one. This is how the inside looks:
Kind regards, Pim

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
That's very much like a Painton inside. I have some Painton quadrant faders and they look much the same internally.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
That's very much like a Painton inside. I have some Painton quadrant faders and they look much the same internally.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian.

Thank you for confirming. Do you have an idea in which console it was used? The 4 glowers are 24v.. This week I'll try to figure out what psu it needs and give the old lady a rewire, when I moved some wires to figure out the pin occupation, some wires crumbled of the pins :-s Any form of documentation would help. Is there a source of info for this type?

Unfortunately Painton info seems to be extremely hard to come by. I have some rotary Painton faders that I have only been able to find anecdotal info about. Yours is the first straight Painton fader I have ever seen so it could be rather rare.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back