Painton/quadrant faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ian,
Don't know if this is the right place to ask you but I finally found a couple Lomo faders in a couple impedances (6k and 10k) although they are untested to me so who knows?.
Do you or anyone else around here have the pinout for Lomo faders that are in the Quadrant/Painton style?

Thanks! Tim
Sorry, I do not have any info on the Lomo versions.

Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
I have some Lomo quadrant style faders that I'm using for racking 35up-1 preamps. This is what he sent with them for pinouts. I haven't had a chance to try to decipher them. Let me know if you can make sense of it!

Attachments

• pinout from fader guy.jpg
    pinout from fader guy.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 44
I have some Lomo quadrant style faders that I'm using for racking 35up-1 preamps. This is what he sent with them for pinouts. I haven't had a chance to try to decipher them. Let me know if you can make sense of it!
Thanks! This is great! I have been looking high and low.
I have a couple types of Lomo faders (4k-159 and another) and have been looking for the 16 pin pinout. Now I have 3 of them! How to read? I will let you know if I make sense first!

Have a great day!
Tim

There's some Lomo's for sale on Reverb. He shows these measurements.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.26.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.26.21 AM.png
    385.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.26.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.26.39 AM.png
    509.1 KB · Views: 15
I’ve a 6.24! Same source.

And a better quality than a pair I have from another Russian source. More generic. The black ones with the rougher metal housing.4D8B3BCA-451B-4775-AE10-81605105AB29.jpeg
I’ve not figured an impedance but the seller told me they were 10k.
The pin outs used above don’t work for this pair. (From above)

Attachments

• 95E75D0F-E33A-4828-8ABB-60292DD1A564.jpeg
    95E75D0F-E33A-4828-8ABB-60292DD1A564.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 21
First thing to determine is if they are bridged T type or just a regular pot divider. The existence of a pair of wipers hints that they could be bridged T. To find if they are you need to get the seller to set the fader to maximum attenuation i.e. off. Then measure the resistance between hot and cold at the input and also between hot and cold at the output. if it is a bridged T then the two readings will be identical and equal to the impedance. If they are not then all bets are off.

Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
Probably irrelevant, but Paintons were common on video production consoles and dimmer panels of the prior century. If you are looking for scrap, don't limit yourself to the audio spectrum. The ones I am familiar with are always geared to a very high quality pot, not stepped faders, and matched up as pairs for A-B video fades.

Latest posts

Back