Pan Pots on a Passive Summing Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpdp

Hi folks. This is my first post here - a testament to what a rank amateur I am. I've been wanting to tryout pro audio type builds after building a couple of guitar projects (a fuzz pedal and a tube amp). I think my first project will be a summing box, since they're so cheap to build and relatively simple. I want to maximize the outputs coming from my DAW by doing the panning in the summing box. I haven't seen any simple circuits using pan pots, though. Is it as simple as putting a blend pot in the circuit where I'm seeing left/right/center selector switches in these circuits that I'm finding online, or is it more complex than that? Is a new gain stage required to make this happen?

:eek: I'm not going to pretend that I followed everything said in that post, but at least i have a bit of terminology to look up that will help get me started. 

Thanks, Ian.  For what it's worth, I did use the search, but this thread wasn't in the first several results. Everything I read from the first group of results confused me to no end. The post you linked to didn't cause low level anxiety, so that's a good sign.

Latest posts

Back