PCBWay sheet metal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a piece of 3mm brass milled by Pcbway for an entry panel and the quality was very poor, surface finish not to spec, wonky chamfers, laser printed text instead of engraved.
They refused to reproduce it or refund any money.
It was cheap and delivered in 15 days tho...

There's loads of companies offering online quotes on machining now. You just need a 3D file, which you can export from Front panel designer.
I didn't use them this time but had a good experience with geomiq.com, they seemed very keen to open new avenues of business and don't mind one offs.

Last edited:
I had a piece of 3mm brass milled by Pcbway for an entry panel and the quality was very poor, surface finish not to spec, wonky chamfers, laser printed text instead of engraved.
They refused to reproduce it or refund any money.
It was cheap and delivered in 15 days tho...

There's loads of companies offering online quotes on machining now. You just need a 3D file, which you can export from Front panel designer.
I didn't use them this time but had a good experience with geomiq.com, they seemed very keen to open new avenues of business and don't mind one offs.
I tried geomiq but there on line quote system does not recognise the printing on mt front panel. It just gives me a quote for machining.

The PCBway quote came back very expensive - cheaper to go to Schaeffer!!

Cheers

ian

Latest posts

Back