ELA M251 Mechanical Drawings Search

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinC1314

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am getting a body machined for the ELA M251 and I have the dimensions for the outer body, but the 7 pin connector mechanism escapes me. I can't seem to find any original data sheets on how the whole bit is constructed and attached to the body and the rails. I know it exists almost like a steal egg shape inside the body that seems to house the transformer in it as well and the connector at the bottom I believe?

I was wondering if anyone had any mechanical drawings of the full ELA M251E or even just of that whole 7 pin mechanism that attaches to the rails and/or the rails themselves, thanks everyone!

This may sound like a rude question, and I don't mean it that way. I am just eager to learn. So the question, why are you machining your own body when it seems there are many Chinese bodies that would do? I don't know the details of the 251 enough to know how accurate they are other than general appearance and I'd love to know more. Thanks!

This may sound like a rude question, and I don't mean it that way. I am just eager to learn. So the question, why are you machining your own body when it seems there are many Chinese bodies that would do? I don't know the details of the 251 enough to know how accurate they are other than general appearance and I'd love to know more. Thanks!
No worries!

I have the whole circuit planned out and am adding some mods to it, so taking the original schematic and adjusting some values and I would like to be able to have a prototype version of my own for diy purposes. It also just has been such a hassle to get one that will fit with the original parts and any parts that I am adding and I have a friend that is an engineer and works with creating .stl and .obj files who is interested in learning how to build mic bodies so it really is just a learning experience for me as a whole. It is my big senior project for my Analog/Circuit heavy audio engineering degree this semester.

I attached a photo just the barrel that we put together digitally today that lines up with telefunkens listed dimensions.

Attachments

• 57de8c1c-92fa-430b-80e5-e57984a62fef.jpg
    57de8c1c-92fa-430b-80e5-e57984a62fef.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 0
AFAIK, There are not really mechanically accurate options (that are reasonable to choose) that include the chonky swivel connector, the plexi innards, and the switch assembly. Not sure what @AustinC1314 is going for but from what i understand about the available choices its got good matches for body shape, color and headbasket geometries. Tuchel-ish conector and switch assemblies are not readily availble from our choices. These attributes are what compel me most, to be honest.

Austin, What school is this? Im in USA and have been looking for something like this for my own studies. Id like to find a hybrid program that incorporates electrical engineering that is focused on audio and music production.

AFAIK, There are not really mechanically accurate options (that are reasonable to choose) that include the chonky swivel connector, the plexi innards, and the switch assembly. Not sure what @AustinC1314 is going for but from what i understand about the available choices its got good matches for body shape, color and headbasket geometries. Tuchel-ish conector and switch assemblies are not readily availble from our choices. These attributes are what compel me most, to be honest.

Austin, What school is this? Im in USA and have been looking for something like this for my own studies. Id like to find a hybrid program that incorporates electrical engineering that is focused on audio and music production.
I go to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, it's my last semester there. The professor Alan Wonneberger is just absolutely fantastic, has been the only reason I understand any schematics which allowed me to build a euro rack set and a Hardy preamp type. I have recorded with every type of mic in basically every way I can imagine with his help and we record orchestral concerts, do live sound, etc. I would very much like to design microphones one day so I'm looking to do this one completely from the ground up.

Latest posts

Back