• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Peter Purpose/Lazpro API 525 Version 1: pair; two of'em!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

A pair of the first version Peter Purpose API 525 kits.  I got these pretty much as-is in a trade, 99% of the work is not mine.  They have been collecting dust too long, it's been several years since I've even thought about this project.  Needs a new home!

One is complete and the other has a stuffed main board. The daughter boards are in various states of completion, most of the recommended mods have been made to both, the mechanical tweaks have been mostly done.  The attack pots have been replaced with 1M value, which does give more than enough control.  The wiring for board interconnection has been added on the main board, ready to be trimmed up for connection to the daughter boards.  The remaining parts are all there I think, save maybe a few resistor values.  Everything is bagged/labeled and sorts easily.  There are several of the hard to find compression FET included.  The unfinished one should go together pretty quickly. 

2520 DOA's are NOT included; plenty of options out there. 

The complete 525 sort of works, but not enough to be considered finished.  My old notes say the ceiling control pops when changed, and that limit and de-ess behave incorrectly.  I don't think I made it all the way through the alignment procedure because of the ceiling switch, so that may rectify the limit/de-ess issues.  It sounds pretty great in compression mode on drum tracks, and the attack mod lets you get some real leading edge snap mixed in with the crush sound. 

The original build thread is here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=22699.0
Development thread here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=61.0

$500 with insured shipping in USA, more for overseas, based on 4 lbs shipping weight.  Less than a pair of pcb's and metalwork alone from Peter. 

12175095514_28878cdbd5_b.jpg

12174671885_8ca7264235_b.jpg

12175085414_fe7ae8daaa_b.jpg

Available.  Where are you?  You should update your profile to include location.  Once I know that, I can advise on additional shipping, if any.  Thanks.

Latest posts

Back