Phantom power hookup in REDD47?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtonthept

Hello All,

I've got a little prefab 48V power supply that I'd like to put into my REDD47. It's got a Live and Neutral connection on the input, which seems straightforward, then on the output it's got two pins labelled Positive, and two labelled Return.

I just wanted to make sure I have my facts straight before connecting it as it's the first time I've done this. The input is pretty self explanatory, but on the output should I use a normal foil shielded twisted two conductor cable, with one connection to the positive and the other to return?

I then wanted to run it through a switch, do I only need to interrupt the positive, or both the positive and return?

There's a Phantom Power terminal on the PCB, with a Positive and Ground connection. I'm unsure if the return is the ground, or if the ground should just be left unconnected at the end of my cable run, etc etc. Three into Two does not go!

Here's a link to the supply I'm using, the data sheet with drawings is available there:

www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/psa065m-series/15727

Thanks so much,

D :)

PS - I hope I'm in the right category here!

That is a 65 watt power supply which is rather overkill for phantom powering a single mic. It is also a switched mode power supply which are not renowned as the quietest of supplies and for phantom you do want a quiet supply.

I think you need to choose a different power supply.

Cheers

Ian

Back