Please help a noob chose the best mixer mod project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheThreds35633

Hello,
As the subject line states, I am a noob here and would like some input from anyone will to steer a novice diy'er with my first mixer/mod project.  To give a little background, I did take a class in electronics during high school and I have successfully modded my Fender Blues Jr with the Hot Rod Mod (purchased parts on ebay).

So, my band are looking for some cool analog mic pres, channel strips, and a modded mixer.  I have my eyes on a Yamaha analog console (12 channels is ideal).  We would like to use this for otb summing and also the pres and eq's while tracking.  Changing OpAmps, Caps, making direct outs, and overall improvements to the sound of the mixer is my goal.

So, if anyone can steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS
I am aware of the pm1000 and pm430, however these are difficult to locate.  I am hoping there is another model that can be modded fairly easily, or another name brand that may get overlooked in the mod world.

Thanks in advance,
Greg
The Threds

Latest posts

Back