PMillett Tube Preamp Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build Ricardus. I enjoyed reading through your documentation.  It is definitely a learning experience and using lundahl input transformers are a snare no expense but well worth it.    Have you done some more recording now?    What have you used it on so far.   

fazer said:
Nice build Ricardus. I enjoyed reading through your documentation.  It is definitely a learning experience and using lundahl input transformers are a snare no expense but well worth it.    Have you done some more recording now?    What have you used it on so far. 

I've used this on vox, acoustic and electric guitars, and bass so far. Sounds great.

I've even brought it to live sound gigs just for fun when I was working with a singer songwriter person who only needed 2 inputs (voice and guitar) and it sounds great there too.

This is the final design for the panel. I came to the color choice (gold) over time.

I've been working on building 12 of the SSL 9000, 500-series preamps (I've got 8 done) and I settled on gold panels with cool blue knobs. So I ended up settling on gold with blue as a color scheme for a lot of the things I'm building.

Attachments

• pmillett-FINAL.png
    pmillett-FINAL.png
    81 KB · Views: 62
I'm putting the band back together.

Also, I decided to build another two channels of this using CAPI's T-Pad output attenuator to be able to drive the tubes hard if you wanted to, and gain down the signal. I also ordered two of those EIZZ 24 step precision attenuators to use on the gain instead of pots.

Should be fun,

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_190022227_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220806_190022227_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back