Polystyrene VS. Polypropelene

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikoKensington

I'm having one hell of a time trying to find certain caps for PEQ. I'm using metallized polystyrene for it, but I can only find the values I need in metallized polyprops. Would there be a big difference in sound?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: HELP.

Buy the caps and quit worryin' already. Geez... Is this an audiophile messageboard or somethin'? :wink:

But seriously, polypropylenes have a less dielectric absorption, so might be considered "better", but I don't know if you're going to really HEAR a difference.

Just do what I do. Look through the drawers, and when you find a cap with the correct value you just use that - less worries that way :green:

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

polystyrene has a thinner more clear sound to me. polypropylene has an open sound and polyester seems to be a bit darker and smoother.

I didn't know polystyrene came in metallized?? most likely you mean polyester vs polypro? either will do just fine. I would stick with more of the non-metallized ones(either) but that is just opinion!

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back