Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a song idea I laid down last night. Used Gates Sta Level on bass and acoustic guitars. Gain brain on vocals. KM84 used throughout. Cheers!

Here`s one I came up with the other night, testing out my system. Was recorded to Radar 2 and mixed on an analog desk. Have a great new year all!

Last edited:

Been obsessed with this drum sound for years now. got to be one of my all time favourites...

There's a certain engineer that's employed by Sweetwater these days that tracked Godsmack years ago—I'm saying that intentionally so you can figure out who he is without me dropping names—who overheard me talking about Neoteks and decided to blurt out, "You know Neotek is French for 'crap,' right?" When I responded with, "Well they seem to work for Steve Albini," he responded with, "And what's he done lately?"

Tracks like this remind me why I didn't worry after walking away.

That's some seriously wild compression. Care to elaborate?

Is that electric track DI'ed or through an amp? Really cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Hi yes sure. Generally everything was tracked through an Allison Gain Brain. The only compression used during mixing was a pair of ADR Scamp SO1's on claps and vocals. The electric guitar was a Tom Anderson with vintage voicing pickups through a Vox AC4...miked with a Shure SM58.

Shameless self-promotion warning.

I've been doing a weekly stream, often with a guest. I had to pre-record this week's in part because I was expecting to be doing make-up Christmas (I was sick a couple weeks ago) and in part because the other members of my band weren't all available at exactly the same time.

EDIT to make this slightly more on-topic for the forum: A ton of the microphones and rack gear here were from projects I picked up in the white and black markets here. You folks rock!

Hello GDIY,

over the past several months I have revisited the Piano and began composing an Opera that tells tale of a child's explanation to God and Satan why Lilith left. This is a cut short/up version of the second act. I have not composed in some time and hope to one day share something tracked and not digital.

If you like piano and classical music... enjoy :)

Wall

Attachments

• Get Up .wav
    16.3 MB
Last edited:
There's a certain engineer that's employed by Sweetwater these days that tracked Godsmack years ago—I'm saying that intentionally so you can figure out who he is without me dropping names—who overheard me talking about Neoteks and decided to blurt out, "You know Neotek is French for 'crap,' right?" When I responded with, "Well they seem to work for Steve Albini," he responded with, "And what's he done lately?"

Tracks like this remind me why I didn't worry after walking away.
That is too funny haha. I was just perusing Albini's credits over the last few years and he is still working with some of the biggest names in underground music. It might not be working for Sweetwater, but its something!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back