Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my usual apologies for the shameless self-promotion, it's been a little bit since I did a "For some definitions of a full band" video.

Happy green beer day. This is one of my favorite Tim O'Brien songs, performed by the ... uhh ... triplets. I used a DIY251 and a DIY47-ish thing for the mics, but don't be fooled by the visuals of the mic setup, it's just cardiod for the left and right and then omni for the mandolin player. I was going to do mid-side for the stereo but it didn't sound good, and I didn't want to move the mic stands after getting everything positioned for the video.

Yes lol, the recording is from a Dutch music show called TopPop in the pre MTV days, and all performances were just playback...
I noticed the same thing... "One Two.." and all the horns come in and there's not even a guy with a keyboard 😀

I love me some funk :cool:

I don't think I've posted these here. I met Mark Keller when we were in High Screwl back in the 1960's. He was lead singer in a local band (I did their tech work), and later we worked together at a jingle studio. Great singer and songwriter. In later years he produced and sang the "California Raisins" jingles.

I liked this one.....MSFW:

Finally, here is a locally released single (in Okla City) circa 1969. Mark was age 16 (?) and the single was cut at Robin Hood Bryan's studio in Tyler, TX where more than a few hits were cut back then:

Bri

A band that I was mesmerized by in the late 80's. Somewhat relavant to current times. Russia has been awful for a long time and Ukraine has been the red-headed step child. Definitely not a sonic treat. Musicianship is incredible. Vocals are a bitter pill for many.

I was running errands today and this ancient song came on the car radio. I listened to a few versions on Youtube and this sounded best on my oddball system on my 'puter:

Real people in a real room doing a (multitracked) catchy song! I like the semi-cheesy strings arrangement in the bridge, and the always present Bari Sax.

Bri

Been an unbelieveably dark day in my home town today , the reasons best remain 'sub judice' , other that to say a terrible tragedy has us all in its grip .
cheers for the tunes !

Latest posts

Back