PREDI’CT Build Thread (frozen)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to make a full kit with all parts. I think that it's possible to make for 150-180$. But final cost will be available after final testing:)

dirty1_1garry said:

53c08c79557cd6f1eb34f52823df4d51.600x.jpg

This is a great project with a great sound!

I have some suggestions for version 2.0:
Increase footprint/size of lm317 heatsink
Space heatsink a little further from electrolytic caps
Increase through hole size for some of the larger electrolytics - some of them did not fit the older revision.

Hello guyz!
"Soon" stretches too long, yeah :-\

Let me post some news.
First of all I made a total test of second revision of pcb with horizontal placement tube. It works and sounds as good as first revision. As a gain control there will be use output  Bridged-T attenuator based on lorlin rotary switch.

Second -  I was faced with the fact that the main question/confusion is in theenclosure. All that guys who get PREDI'CT kits from me before ask me what enclosure can I recommend. And I had no a good solution for question. Proper Enclosure is the problem bothering me lately. So... I decide to make my own!!)
I decide to make  U47 psu style enclosure that will be suitable for PREDI'CT kit too!

Attachments

• 2015-10-15 20.05.14 copy.jpg
    2015-10-15 20.05.14 copy.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 93
I am also interested in 2 pcbs, and maybe in 2 enclosures.
How can I contact you ?

any news? gonna head out for a long stretch of touring in February and I'd love to get this DI together for my touring bass rig. 8)

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately at this moment  PREDI'CT project is frozen.

Reason:
First - transformers winder goes crazy with too high price for one transformer and only a large batch of them, at minimum 30.
Second - enclosures can be made the same at minimum 30pcs at once. So it's necessary to have some budget to move forward.
Third - no free budged for reasons described before.

My stop point -  to make a full kit that will contain board, enclosure, tube and step-by-step instruction.
When I will have some free budget or when I will get some budget from another projects - project will be renewed.

Cheers,
Igor

Great Project,
it was something I actually thought about developing for a long time.

Some Tube DI with volume control that converted the signal directly to line level and not pad it down to mic level.

Great stuff

Hope you get the budget soon so the project moves on.

Other alternative is doing a groupbuy and check if there's around 30 people interested, if theres people could pay first and then you had your budget

Back