Profile Output Transformer 4804

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! If I wasn't at work I'd be knocking open a bottle of bubbly, skipping in circles with my pants down, whilst spankin my own tush 4804 times. Well, maybe I'd only make it to 2503. I could wear an oven mitt, though.

Go Profile it's your birthday!

Yeeeaah! :thumb:
so I wonder about the order procedure. Is there still a need for a telephone call or can one order via email?
I would take 2 - 4 here in germany, maybe there is anybody out there who needs some of those. Maybe we can/should start an Grouporder? ("Word Of The Year 2005") Someone who allready contacted Profile?

best regards
toby

hmm, the last time I ordered it was simply a $100 minimum. I hope they didn't change that. I could go for 6 Profile 4804 at the moment. Get a little stockpile before API starts lawsuits again.

Hi guys!
I emaild yesterday and got a reply today.
He/she wrote two lines, something like this:

"No production yet.
I'll keep you posted"

So i replyed and asked bout how long til production is up so we'll see tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

HT

Well, I gave up Profile and tried this

4-75.jpg

It is not even Litz wire but 4 separate wires. It works and sounds good.
With Litz you could wind by hand... :green:

It worth DIY!

cheers!
Fabio

there's a cinemag replacement that's available now for anyone who can't wait for the profile version.

someone in one of the threads here claims it sounds better than the profile.

anyone else tried the cinemag version?? i can't see any reason why it would sound better; the profile is already amazing enough but the very concept of "better sounding" makes me want to investigate further... kato

the 2503 is flat from dc out to 4 meg with no phase shift or ringing.
very sterile, not like regular transformer.

expect a little ring and a little resonance from anything wound differently.

[quote author="CJ"]you could build your own...[/quote]

Hmm. yes of course.
1 problem..
I have no clue how, and if i knew how I dunno how to test it so it's top notch.
Probably easier to buy one.

Or do you want to start a new thread?
"How to wound a AP1 312 output trafo"
And that have to be noobproof :grin:

HT

Sorry about the wait, guys. If I had known about it I would have waited to post that they were available.

I had just been speaking with Alan about something else and the 4804 came up in the conversation with him saying something like, "by the way, I resolved the issue with 'Automated', so that the 4804 is available again," or something to that effect. I just assumed he meant they were available immediately.

I actually thought it was pretty funny that he referred to API as 'Automated'.
I'm glad that it'll be available again soon....

JC

[quote author="rascalseven"]

I actually thought it was pretty funny that he referred to API as 'Automated'.
[/quote]

That's what I'm going to start calling them from now on.
Such a dorky name for an audio company...

[quote author="CJ"]the 2503 is flat from dc out to 4 meg with no phase shift or ringing.
very sterile, not like regular transformer.[/quote]

No phase shift, no ringing? Sounds like the ideal transformer.
Sterile? Might be a good thing in this case.
The 312 is known for bringing the balls. I wonder where the sound comes from? That crappy op-amp? :)

[quote author="CJ"]
expect a little ring and a little resonance from anything wound differently.[/quote]

This would be a fun amp to experiment with "more colored" and "less colored" versions through simple transformer swapping. Is there a more "sterile" front end? A Jensen maybe? Really though I expect the Reichenbach/Cinemag/Jensen are darn near identical given the same turn ratio.

Latest posts

Back