Pyrrhic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Essentially the House Fascist Caucus will be the Speaker's puppetmasters. They've set themselves up to make him bend to their whims. It certainly won't be pleasant for McCarthy--not that he didn't choose his own fate here--and there's a strong potential for this to be unpleasant or even downright disastrous for the entire nation. Time will tell.
More MSNBC/CNN/Vice/Guardian/HuffPo FUD. If Democrats did the same thing it would be amazing and progressive.

Everything I have said and done is these last years is relativism, by intuition. From the fact that all ideologies are of equal value, that all ideologies are mere fictions, the modern relativist infers that everybody has the right to create for himself his own ideology, and to attempt to enforce it with all the energy of which he is capable. If relativism signifies contempt for fixed categories, and men who claim to be the bearers of an objective immortal truth, then there is nothing more relativistic than fascism. —Benito Mussolini
Not sure which way that was intended. Seems to me you've shot yourself in the foot. It isn't the independents or conservatives who embrace moral relativism.

Seems to me you've shot yourself in the foot.
You apparently didn't read pucho's comment that this was a response to. Also, relativism is a big part of contemporary conservatism. But maybe we're just watching two different movies (irony intended, but I'm not terribly sure you're capable of understanding.)

You apparently didn't read pucho's comment that this was a response to. Also, relativism is a big part of contemporary conservatism. But maybe we're just watching two different movies (irony intended, but I'm not terribly sure you're capable of understanding.)
You would be incorrect. I read pucho's comment. And your response. The big moral relativists are the neo Left (they aren't "liberal" at all so I won't call them that). Pucho called you out and your response backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back