• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Quantum Audio Labs QM-22 14-Channel Console Reichenbach Transformers $700

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumsolly

For sale is a Quantum Audio Labs QM-22 14-Channel console. It has Reichenbach/Cinemag 75101-1 input transformers on each channel and six 7393 output transformers. It has penny giles faders which are sliding quite smooth. It has a 3-band eq with 2 frequencies per band, 2 stereo busses with VU meters, an aux send and a foldback send. It has a connector on the back labeled "Direct Outputs" - I am not sure if these are balanced or not. It is in good physical condition for its age with all silkscreening in good shape, but could use a cleanup. It does have scratches on the top of the meter bridge. It has some tape residue on the armrest and scribble strip. It's missing 2 push-button caps on the oscillator/control room module that could be recreated with a 3-D printer if you couldn't find spares. It is also missing the cap for one of the lighted switches on channel 3. Functionally it is untested, though I suspect most functions work. It could almost certainly use a re-cap and some general maintenance. The power supply has been replaced with a Power One module that has been screwed to the original PS frame and wired into it.

I figure the iron alone is worth $500 at $25/transformer and I'd like to get $300 for the rest, so $800 now $500 plus shipping, which will be expensive. I imagine you could get this thing working perfectly for a couple of hundred dollars in caps and a few weekends of your time. That would get you 14 channels of transformer-balanced mic preamps and 3-band eqs at $72/channel, not to mention the summing.

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/Garbagelarge/library/Quantum

Latest posts

Back