R.I.P. Vangelis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my experience started and earliest musical memory was going through my dads record collection which was mostly classical mixed in with pop hits of his 20-30’s, so like herb Alpert and the tiajuana brass. He brought home a tuba one day as he taught school band at the then only high school in town. The tuba came back from the repair shop and he didn’t want to leave it in the car as my mom cooked him lunch. He showed It to me and let me try to play it as he held it. It was as big as I was as I was three years old. I blew into the mouth piece and a sound came out. Nothing useful but sound. I was hooked. by the time I was old enough, I got into the school music program playing drums. My musical tastes expanded beyond the record collection into jazz, rock and some country as well as Latin music. I went to uni and was playing session demos as a drummer and fell in love with what was going on behind the glass. been in the studio ever since. I discovered vangelis through comedy skits that used chariots of fire. I heard it and was blown away. The moment I found out who it was I had to hear more. What an eye opener into a larger musical world.

Latest posts

Back