RANT: Mouser, is it just me?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallout

Is it just me or is the Mouser shipping department becoming extremely lousy? This is my 2nd large order in the past 2 months that is missing parts. First order had an empty bag labeled with what should have had 10 parts and this second order had a bag that should have had a quantity of 2 parts and only contained one. I'm not looking forward to going through an order of a few hundred parts to see what else is missing. Geez.

That said, they don't give any hassle sending the missing parts.

For sure.. 2 botched orders in a row is surprising though. I've went decades ordering from Mouser without any issues. I guess I've been lucky all these years.

I'm just mad because I had to account for a couple hundred line items and count over a thousand parts! =P

For sure.. 2 botched orders in a row is surprising though. I've went decades ordering from Mouser without any issues. I guess I've been lucky all these years.

I'm just mad because I had to account for a couple hundred line items and count over a thousand parts! =P
I hear you. I mentioned this a couple of years ago but will retell this story.
Had a fedex snafu. 2 x packages generated 2 x fedex shipping tags the same day from the same vendor at the same address. They both were going to me. One package arrived in an expected time frame. The other package went halfway across the country before it finally arrived.
I was told by a fedex insider, that they purposely used me at random to take a package and move it elsewhere to see if their employees are paying attention. To catch the mistake before it goes out.

Perhaps this is a similar scenario

I just received a small Mouser order today. Will check carefully. Ordered from Jameco and PartsExpress the same day as Mouser and Mouser (UPS) was the last to arrive (all ground, but three different shippers) despite Jameco being twice as far away.

I guess I've been lucky all these years
Had an empty bag of (20) resistors a few months ago. First/only time from them so far. But I scored many bubble bags from the rest of the packaging so it was cool...lol
and Mouser (UPS) was the last to arrive
Maybe UPS more than Mouser. Been using Fedex option because it seems faster and more consistent from Mouser for some reason.

Had an empty bag of (20) resistors a few months ago. First/only time from them so far. But I scored many bubble bags from the rest of the packaging so it was cool...lol

Maybe UPS more than Mouser. Been using Fedex option because it seems faster and more consistent from Mouser for some reason.
Should have mentioned that Jameco and PartsExpress shipped within two days of ordering while Mouser took four days.

Should have mentioned that Jameco and PartsExpress shipped within two days of ordering while Mouser took four days.
That is pretty out of character for them... Weird...
Maybe they spent the extra time taping every ziplock baggie.... They have the craziest packaging for items sometimes.. maybe they get mad when I get too few of something..

My current gripe about Mouser is hating searching for parts on the mobile site now. Can’t click the in stock option, can’t add parts to project manager (big bummer for me for getting stuff ironed out for future projects), no list view with specs to quickly compare parts or choose how to sort them, and logging in and clicking your account icon just gives you the option to log out haha. I used to be able to click full site, but I can’t anymore. Even to get to order history or an older project manager now I have to scroll all the way down, click Sitemap, scroll down again, then finally get to it. It’s fine on my computer, but I probably do a big portion of my parts searches in bed, on the toilet, or wherever I am when something pops in my head. If any of you know a workaround, please share!

Just got a delivery from Mouser. Fedex delivered in 36h from TX to Paris suburb. Pretty efficient as always.

Fedex website couldn't even display tracking info before the package arrived.

Will check that everything is there tonight.

Cheers,

Thomas

The logistics for a company such as Mouser is mind-boggling. They have been one of my faves for many years and when they (seldom) mess up, they quickly make it right.

Digikey is my other fave. For odd/obsolete stuff, Jameco has worked well.

Bri

Update: Checked my order and everything was there. But there was an error: they sent 2 4gang antilog pots when I ordered only one.

Should i send it back to TX? 🤔

Cheers,

Thomas

Last time they (Mouser) send me an incorrect switch (grayhill 12 position with pins instead of tabs) they told me to trash it and then sent me the correct one. When Heyboer sent me the wrong 200W power transformer they didn't bother about a return (said transformer is currently a door stop) and sent out the correct one. Return shipping often just doesn't make sense. Especially if you live at the end of the earth (next stop south from here is Antarctica).

From my experience, Mouser used to be exceptional. Now they are "ok" and are back in the pack. I find that I use Digikey for a lot of things now. For example, I like the fact that they provide 50' and 100' reels of various shielded cables. I do generally check across a range of suppliers.

Been thinking of building a 100W/channel stereo amp with that power transformer. I'm pretty sure it is for powering 4 x KT88s (I was building a 200W Hiwatt Bass amp at the time).

My current gripe about Mouser is hating searching for parts on the mobile site now. Can’t click the in stock option, can’t add parts to project manager (big bummer for me for getting stuff ironed out for future projects), no list view with specs to quickly compare parts or choose how to sort them, and logging in and clicking your account icon just gives you the option to log out haha. I used to be able to click full site, but I can’t anymore. Even to get to order history or an older project manager now I have to scroll all the way down, click Sitemap, scroll down again, then finally get to it. It’s fine on my computer, but I probably do a big portion of my parts searches in bed, on the toilet, or wherever I am when something pops in my head. If any of you know a workaround, please share!
As a work-around on your mobile device try using the browser's request desktop site. You'll have to pinch and zoom but it should work.

Mansfield Texas is about 15 miles from here. I can order Mouser parts at 5 PM and have them via UPS Ground the next day.

Mouser once sent me a hundred dollar Lemo connector by accident. I offered to return it and they told me they couldn't issue an RMA for something I didn't order and to just keep it.

Interesting short video on Mouser's operation: Mouser Electronics: A Look Inside the Technology and Logistics of our Global Distribution Center

As a work-around on your mobile device try using the browser's request desktop site. You'll have to pinch and zoom but it should work.

Mansfield Texas is about 15 miles from here. I can order Mouser parts at 5 PM and have them via UPS Ground the next day.

Mouser once sent me a hundred dollar Lemo connector by accident. I offered to return it and they told me they couldn't issue an RMA for something I didn't order and to just keep it.

Interesting short video on Mouser's operation: Mouser Electronics: A Look Inside the Technology and Logistics of our Global Distribution Center
I tried that, and it used to work, but now it doesn’t. Still gives me the mobile site. I’ve just had to change my ways and do it on my computer if I’m putting together a big order or a future project.

Other than that, I’ve never had another issue with them. I’m in New Orleans and usually get my order in two days. If they’re a day late getting it out, they’ll send it next day air.

Last year my account got flagged for being a distributor and I could only order a subset of their products until I cleared it up.

I spent a month carefully putting together a cart for 2 Serge panels, bought the cart and received an email the next day telling me that 1/2 of the parts were restricted, coming from their distributors email address. In retrospect, I should have split this order into a few parts but I had 2 weeks off work and was eager to start.

Clearing it up wasn’t difficult, I had to provide them with the BOM and give a description of what I was doing with the parts and also summarize the past few projects I was working on at the time. It took about 4-5 days to clear up.

I grabbed all the ‘restricted’ items from Digikey while sorting out the situation with Mouser.

Despite all of this, Mouser is my go to for parts but I’m mindful of how much I order at a time.

Latest posts

Back