Ray Manzarek

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomas1808

RIP  :'(

One of the coolest cats in rock in my opinion.

As a youngling this is the first time I was actually shaken by the death of a musican.

Just yesterday I was jamming along with him (youtube video) on my Yamaha Combo organ.

Cant believe it.

I met him when he came in to work with the Bunnymen on that track they did for "The Lost Boys".

I never really liked the result much; it always sounded to me like a very poor cover version, but Ray was a truly great fella, I remember him smiling the whole time, and bringing a terrific buzz to the session. -The tune would NEVER have worked without him, I'm certain.

yesterday was reading how during the past week it was being reported that ray passed and how it was all false and proven false may 19th. A day later I couldn't believe the news and this time it was true.

Truly a bright brilliant charming light has left us and gone to the next level.

I was privileged and honored once to do live sound for Mr. Manzarek and Mr. Michael McClure as part of the Jack Kerouac festival in Lowell MA.

All I can say is he was a gentleman the whole time, he enjoyed the people and the event and he shared wonderful stories both on and off stage. Truly a person whos chosen vocation seemed preordained.

He will be missed, on this plane, for sure.

Latest posts

Back