RCA BA-43B Missing Cap Value

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatwalk

Getting around to working on some RCA BA-43 program amps Ive had laying around but have an issue as a large filter cap is missing from both boards (C1). They are both "43B" versions which appear slightly different than the schematic / documentation I have as this cap doesnt exist on the documentation I have. Anyone have one handy they can take a look at and let me know what this missing cap is? Thanks!

IMG_2086.jpg

I'm guessing that is the cap to the output transformer. You can see that it is connected to the red/white wire which looks like it is on the OT.
A big cap to get the bass - minimum 30v. The schematic you can find online has it as 3000 uF but these days you could put in a 4700 uF, which might be easier to find, or a 2700 uF.

The output cap is one of the big screw terminal ones - a nice example of improvements in cap sizes over the years being able to slip the equivalent values underneath now.

Thanks emrr!

Getting around to working on some RCA BA-43 program amps Ive had laying around but have an issue as a large filter cap is missing from both boards (C1). They are both "43B" versions which appear slightly different than the schematic / documentation I have as this cap doesnt exist on the documentation I have. Anyone have one handy they can take a look at and let me know what this missing cap is? Thanks!

View attachment 122869
I think there are a few here, let me see what I can find.

There were 5 laying out there.
And Heatwalk, your transformers are waiting for USPS to pick them up soon, thanks again!
-Tony

Attachments

• tempImageHNr5GF.png
    tempImageHNr5GF.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagegerzOK.png
    tempImagegerzOK.png
    12.2 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImage2hnVRl.png
    tempImage2hnVRl.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageb5vMRX.png