Real-PBC

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is about the same as all the others. I fed in the data for 10 off standard double sided  Eurocard PCBs (160 by 100mm). With set up charge you are looking at about 135USD. By the time you pay shipping and import taxes you will easily be over 200USD.

I compared it with my usual UK supplier who gets them from China but checks out the actual production facility as well as handling shipping and tax/duty. Their on line price estimator comes out at 135GBP including all taxes and shipping which at current rates is 216USD.

As I said, much the same as any other.

Cheers

Ian

Is it Advanced pcb in the U.S. has a 500.00 first time customer discount  [ which they seem to
offer to bring back old customers ] plus an upload to check your files before committing .

warpie said:
How about iteastudio? Seems pretty cheap.

I used them once. They are quite cheap but you still need to pay shpping and taxes on top of their price. Unfortunately they got some hole sizes wrong. One was a little too big which was not a problem but another they drilled too small and the components would not fit.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
It is about the same as all the others. I fed in the data for 10 off standard double sided  Eurocard PCBs (160 by 100mm). With set up charge you are looking at about 135USD. By the time you pay shipping and import taxes you will easily be over 200USD.

I compared it with my usual UK supplier who gets them from China but checks out the actual production facility as well as handling shipping and tax/duty. Their on line price estimator comes out at 135GBP including all taxes and shipping which at current rates is 216USD.

As I said, much the same as any other.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

We are back from the New Year Holiday.

Thanks so muh for your kindly posts, but I have to say something as below:

1. Tooling cost is only one time charge, for all your future reorders, only unit price and shipping cost are required. As a long time, it is much cheaper finally.

Eg: take your example, 10pcs 160*100mm PCB, our online price is below:
Unit price:$7.15
Setup cost:$59.30
Total: $130.80

When reorder, you only need to pay unit price, that is $71.5 for 10pcs(the more quantity, the cheaper unit price).

2. No  import taxes will be charged from you normally, as we always deliver the prototype order as "PCB sample" and declare a amount as $30-50 to save the taxes. We did ship in this way for 2 years without any trouble.

Any questions, please feel free to let me know, or contact at sales(at)real-pcb.com.

Best regards,
Lynn

ruffrecords said:
@Lyn

What would the shipping cost be to the UK?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

If the total weight within 0.5kg, DHL shipping cost $30 for UK. It takes 3 working days for sending.
The shipping cost in discount from DHL. 

We will declare the package as sample to avoid any custom cost.

Just wanted to say that I received boards from Real-PCB and they look good.  I will post if I have any problems, but I don't expect any.

They panelized the boards for me, and did a great job.  Small tabs with little drill holes along board edges, easy to separate and break away clean.  They panelized them for free, and saved me quite a bit in setup costs.

Silk screen is clear and sharp, boards are routed perfectly (one of them had a very complex shape).  Gold fingers look good but needed to be done in a separate run because of the gold plating and beveling.

Pics follow:

05A2ADAA-DCB2-4597-B3AC-629E92DAAEE9_zpspyiwhc4q.jpg

80ED6FB8-D279-44E4-95EC-68B637F693F9_zpszqjd3t3n.jpg

79D7A460-98A0-440C-A65D-5076E253B534_zpshorga4ii.jpg

Back