Recommend capsule for Oktava MK-219

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops said:
Hi thank you so much, no worries

actually I could use another capsule in this microphone,
there are plenty of K47, M7 and CK12 capsules available.

Which of these models do you thing will make a good match with the MK219 circuit?

korneev said:
Good afternoon! When choosing a replacement capsule, it should be remembered that in microphones with phantom power, the polarization voltage of the capsule is approximately 45 volts. The types of capsules you are talking about were designed for tube microphones and have a polarization voltage of about 60 volts.

korneev said:
Good afternoon! When choosing a replacement capsule, it should be remembered that in microphones with phantom power, the polarization voltage of the capsule is approximately 45 volts. The types of capsules you are talking about were designed for tube microphones and have a polarization voltage of about 60 volts.

@Koneev, with all due respect i would like you to elaborate here. I find your statement quite confusing, and untrue. The only reason i react this way is that for 2 weeks ago you almost made me give up on a russian tube claiming  it is not proper substitute for the one found in my mic. Today it is live and well, outperforming my stock tube by far in every aspect.

Oktava's European supplier in Germany is providing replacement capsules at regular price of 150 eur. It seems to me that Oktava not having any capsules in stock is a bit weird.  There is no reason not to have replacement capsules for 219 as its the same found in current 319. Care to double check before you start sharing wrong information?

Back