Remembering CMOS...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Chef! i started on that layout but haven't been able to finish it due to a looming deadline at work, but i'll keep working on it!

:thumb:

Cheers mate! As I said it's VERY kind of you to do this and there is no pressure at all.
As it happens there is good news on the road testing front; Alan loves it and wants to keep it for another week until he finishes the next project...
He is a great producer so that means ALOT to me :grin:

chef

[quote author="adrianh"]chef

I am late to the game.

Use the MPS430 it is a real good part
that takes very little power.

uChip parts are toys compated to the 430[/quote]

MSP430 I believe you mean.

To my mind a bit of overkill for this app., if you are not already well-versed in its use, but some member of the family will do the job given some heavy-lifting parts external for the relay driving.

ok chef i have a layout for you! sorry it took so long but work has had me crazy busy!

it's untested and I moved some parts around to get rid of the 4081 and added a few little things like 0 ohm R's so that it's single sided and some 100nf caps to decouple the ICs. Phillips datasheets lack a bit and I couldn't tell if the parts were widebody or narrow body SO parts so I laid it out for widebody parts which you *can* make the narrow work here too.

let me upload it and you can give it a try!

EDIT:

here they are:

http://www.groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10015/ChefOL.pdf
http://www.groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10015/Chef.pdf
http://www.groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10015/ChefSwitch.pdf

WOW :shock:
That's cool!
I'll try and get the parts together and tank a board :thumb:
Thanks so much for putting in so much effort on that; many good wishes coming your way :grin: :thumb: :guinness:
I have had the 2n7000s in there for a couple of days and it seems to have 'Remembered' since Monday afternoon..
Nice!! :green:
Got to try and prise the proto out of Alan's sweaty mits today... :wink:

chef

yeah FETs will "remember" for quite some time. They take a gate charge to turn on/off and are capacitive in nature and don't need any signifigant amount of current like a BJT. as long as the charge is applied they will stay on and can stay on even when the gate is not attached to anything!. You can figure how long they will be on by figuring the memory cap's charge minus the power used by the CMOS ICs and FET gate charge. I bet they'll stay on for some time!

let me know if they layout is not very clear, i was trying to pack it as small as possible while still having room for traces and mods if necessary.

If the ICs don't fit the pads, I can alter the layout for different footprints.

hey chef, how did the SMD stuff work? I got some parts in a while ago to proto it but never got around to it.. sadly enough I haven't even had time to check in with the forum very much lately either!! :mad:

:sad:
Got as far as ordering the parts but then my boss started hassling me to "Just get on and finish the board!!! Why you messing around with all this SMT stuff when the through hole is fine?"

I will do it when I get a chance as I'm intrigued to work with the tiny stuff, but I think SMT may have missed the boat THIS time... :oops:

I feel pretty bad as you spent some quality time talking me through this, doing the layout and now I've been told to sideline it. :sad:

Unfortunately the purse isn't jangling as much as they'd like at the moment...Pro Audio for profit is a mugs game.

I love being a mug :green: :thumb:

chef

no problem. It was fun laying it out, kinda like a puzzle!

I'm out of transparencies at the moment but when i get some more and some time i'll be etching a board and giving it a try and let you know.

:thumb:

You are a aweetheart as always mate :thumb:
People like you make this place such an amazing entity.
I'll let you know how the whole thing turns out :grin:

chef

Latest posts

Back