Reusing MIDI Keybed & Understanding Keyboard Matrix

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the keybed from a Novation Impact 25 that I want to reuse for a diy project. It seems to have the same keybed as my Bass Station and I really like the aftertouch on that for some things. I was hoping someone could point me to resources or threads on figuring out the lines coming from the keyboard matrix, or really any keyboard in general since the principles are all the same. I'd like to build my own Arduino or similar controller for the keyboard. I can code and solder, I'm newer to the electronics side but have completed a few projects that have prepared me to try this. Novation is willing to send schematics with a rather hefty NDA, but since I'm only reusing one part of their product, and one that looks 3rd party to begin with, that seems overkill. Plus, coming from tech, I try not to sign any NDA I don't have to.

Yep!

Go take a look at the midibox project! Chances are you'll have all rhe info you're mooking for, plus some ready to go hardware and code to donwhat you want.

Cheers,

Thomas

Excuse the diversion - but if anyone wants a keybed from a CME UF5 in Brighton UK then let me know. Seems a nice item to myself even if the keyboard electronics went wrong. Would seem a shame to scrap it but it has to go soon. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back