RFZ-V781 Trimmers Calibration

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

HI, I have 2 RFZ-V781 units that I serviced, now both units are working but there's a 1.2 db difference between the preamps.
I would like to calibrate the three trimmers (R102, R114 and R129).
According to the manual (with google translate): "The power supply circuit contains a pnp, transistor (T 113) as a filter resistor, so that the necessary ground voltage reduction is achieved in the non-earthed connection line. R129 is used to set the operating voltage (- 22 V to both)."
So I set the voltage on the negative side of C121 as close as possible to -22V (-22.45 was the lowest voltage I managed to get from the trimmer).
Now what about R102 and R114?
In all the schematics I found the voltages values on the bases of T102 and T107 are none readable.
I tried to search on the manual but couldn't find any reference to the base voltages.
In reality, the base voltage of T102 varies between -22 to -14 V and the base voltage of T107 varies between -22 to -17 V.
Maybe someone knows what should be the correct voltages?

Attachments

• RFZ-V781.jpg
    RFZ-V781.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You need an audio analyzer to adjust R 102 and R 114. This was so described in the manual.

Which measuring equipment do you use?

Be careful with measuring, because there is a resistor (R131) in the negativ rail.

Best regards!

Thanks, I have a scope and a Boonton 1120 audio analyzer.
Can you please tell me on which page on the manual I should look for the instructions ( and use Google translate to know what to do)?
This is the manual thst I have:

Attachments

• rfz_v781.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hello,

Left: This is a very early version in which all relevant npn signal transistors were fitted with BC 109 and BC 179B. SF127 transistors from the semiconductor factory in Frankfurt/Oder are only used in the output stage.

Right: This is a medium version. All transistors were equipped with products from the semiconductor factory in Frankfurt/Oder.

From point 3 in the device documentation, the adjustment of the V781 with its two discrete operational amplifiers is described.
Best regards!

Maybe it is the photo, but it looks like the left unit has a bad electrolytic, the silver axial under the top big 200/25, has the left end popped-off? Give that cap a good look. If they were mine, I would not hesitate to change all electrolytics to get them fresh before adjusting anything. If they were for a customer, I would recommend doing this, because chances are that they would be back on my bench in the future with one of those blue cans popped-out like a party favor, having potentially damaged silicon parts upstream in the circuit. You will have to up-voltage a 100/3 axial, but it is worth the time/$. Odd that they would have the same date code, but "TGL7198" could be 1971. They are definitely not from '98!
When it is adjustment time, rock those trims a bit around the point where they have been sitting for decades to clean the area and give a solid reading.
Mike

Latest posts

Back