RIP Jürgen Haible

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Sad sad news, I just read about it...

He has been around here on&off. Very friendly & skilled guy.

This is really a loss, too young, sure a re-reminder to enjoy life since there are no guarantees you can still enjoy it later...

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/12/rip-jurgen-haible.html

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthread.php?t=148839

Be sure to enjoy your weekend, us who are still here...

Peter

Yeah , didn't seem to be the Kind of Guy to shout about things but simply offered up good projects
[ speaking of which i have his Dim D , which is unfinished , hope the websites up for a while ]

best regards to his family & loved ones

peter thank you for the notification.
very sad news as j.haible was always a gentlemen as many know and his site was always an interesting read and i admired his perfboard work.  most sincerely condolences to his family and friends.  i raise a glass in his honor.
-grant

Very sad news.  He was a kind, generous, and very talented fellow.  I remember him from way back on the synth DIY DL.  He designed some really neat circuits and created a lot of good music (if you're into that style) using his creations.  Condolences to his family--especially his children.  He will be missed by many in the DIY community. 

I never directly interacted with him, but I do remember the name.  It's always very sad to hear of a GroupDIY member passing.
Sincerest thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

He was a seriously clever guy, and generous with his knowledge. Without doubt, one of the most clued-up guys on the synth diy circuit. My thoughts are with his family.

Justin

I just came across this while looking up some info he had posted on some old UA trafos, pretty sad to find out he's not around anymore.  Lately I think I take life for granted sometimes.  Best to stop and reflect a bit on reality.  RIP. I hope his family are coping well.

I haven t been in contact with him personally but I realy liked his open mind and  his well written Post s. One of the Guys who made the Internetconnumity as something  as it is now.A real Pioneer passed away.
  Lothar from  Berlin.

Perhaps he knew with the sell off of some of his gear  ,
hope that helped provide for his family
there's smart people , and generous people , understanding people , & fair people
don't always find the combination together , which i think he was .

So sorry to hear about the death of Jürgen Haible.
I spoke to him a few times and built a few of his projects.
He did some fantastic investigative work on classic synth and effect electronics.

His website is still up.
It might be a good idea to archive any schematics etc. you are interested in.

Very sad that he's no longer with us.
I hope his wife and family are taken care of.

Latest posts

Back