Sample player for guitar

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
An onboard sampler playback device would be cool for guitar,

Anybody know how I could do that?

Or maybe an onboard mp3 player? Would only need about ten different sounds,

Thanks for any help!

1667936027500.pngTheres definately a small pcb out there that will do what you want but you might need a display and encoders or buttons also .
A bit unsightly on the front of a guitar , maybe a stomp box might be better . I think theres an SD card based audio player available

Last edited:
an Apple type mini mp3 player might be a good bet as it already has all the controls and display , you only need to figure how to mix the pickup and line sources

If you want to go gritty lofi there's loads of old style 'voice recorder' chips out there. I had fun hacking one into a cheap kids keyboard for my nieces. Buttons for record and playback and a slot selector.

didn't even think of a looper, and i got two 0of them doing nothing,

the Boss RC-10 and the EHX 1440,

i bet i could strip the board out of that Boss and stick it in the guitar control cavity with a little extra routing,

An onboard sampler playback device would be cool for guitar,

Anybody know how I could do that?

Or maybe an onboard mp3 player? Would only need about ten different sounds,

Thanks for any help!

Would be pretty simple with this board/module:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13720

"The MP3 Trigger board is built to make MP3 sound integration easier than ever. The board has 18 external trigger pins that will directly trigger pre-selected MP3 tracks, and a full-duplex serial control port that provides full transport control, remote triggering for up to 256 tracks, and fast real-time volume control. MP3s are stored on FAT16 formatted SDSC or FAT32 formatted SDHC micro-SD flash memory cards."

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 17.57.11.png

Back