Hello from the 303

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thekev

I’m Kevin from Denver, Colorado. I am a Heavy Equipment tech by day and a pro guitar player by night. I fell in love with home recording with the accessibility the digital audio workstation and that evolved into a love for the analog gear it’s all emulating. Because of the runaway prices on analog vintage gear I started assembling the kits that are for sale. I’ve built two 1176’s, an LA2A, two Pultec EPQ1’s, along with various guitar pedals and amplifiers. Currently building a 1073 neve mic pre and my “kit” is missing a couple components and I need help finding them. I need (or think I need?) the trimpot that is on board 283 in the RV-1 position. Anyone know where I can find one? It’s got five holes for the leads and that’s what’s throwing me off. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
It would help if you knew the resistance of the part, and its form factor.

Try diving into the web:
Digikey.com
Mouser.com

I’m Kevin from Denver, Colorado. I am a Heavy Equipment tech by day and a pro guitar player by night. I fell in love with home recording with the accessibility the digital audio workstation and that evolved into a love for the analog gear it’s all emulating. Because of the runaway prices on analog vintage gear I started assembling the kits that are for sale. I’ve built two 1176’s, an LA2A, two Pultec EPQ1’s, along with various guitar pedals and amplifiers. Currently building a 1073 neve mic pre and my “kit” is missing a couple components and I need help finding them. I need (or think I need?) the trimpot that is on board 283 in the RV-1 position. Anyone know where I can find one? It’s got five holes for the leads and that’s what’s throwing me off. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks!
[It’s got five holes for the leads] -- Either: A) Three holes for the potentiometer element and two holes for mounting/supporting legs, or B) Three holes for the potentiometer element and two holes for a switch. But, as others have suggested.....one needs a schematic in order to come up with a more conclusive answer!!!

[Heavy Equipment tech by day and a pro guitar player by night] -- I'm a "dust collector" by day and a GroupDIY-browser by night!!!

That's my 2-cents worth here!!!

/

Back