Scope help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmbg

Ok, so I have this new (old, but new for me) scope, it's a Tek 2230 100MHz digital storage scope. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that it's an analog scope that can sample and store digitally...

Anyway, it's got two odd issues I'd like to address. The first is that the setup menu doesn't fit the screen, and there's a display calibration option that draws a couple of boxes that I guess you're supposed to make line up with the outside of the graticle. How do you calibrate this? Inside the scope somewhere?

Second, the channels seem to misbehave randomly. Sometimes, channel 2 will only display the input on channel 1. The text that displays the vertical and timebase settings is sorta 'linked' to the channel 1 trace, so if you move channel 1's trace up and down, the text goes with it. When you put a signal on channel 1, the text freaks out, but when there's a signal on channel 2, but none on channel 1, it stays stable. It's almost like the text is being modulated by channel 1's signal. Which leads me right to the fact that channel 2 is modulated by channel 1's signal! If I ground channel 1, and put a sine wave on channel 2, I get nice stable text and a nice sine wave on 2. Then, if I put a square wave on 1, the text now jumps up and down in time with the square wave, and my sine wave has breaks in it where it's hopping up and down with the square wave input. Does that make sense the way I described it?

Is there any reasonable way I can track down these problems?

just speaking for myself.. I think scopes like this are rather difficult to service. unless having some years of experience

I think thats why no response at the moment

Back