SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and what is the only thing BEFORE the boards (where we find only1,9v) ? the transformer... ! could it mess up ?

What voltage are you measuring at XLR pins 2 & 3, when you're getting 1.9v on that red wire?

Ok Khron, it's late in Europe (for you & me) let's continue tomorrow if you agree.
Have a good evening & thanx

Hi Khron, C1 & C2 removed... and stil 1,9v at "+" (the 2 DC/DC transistors still removed)
But Let me suggest that it has to do with the ouput transformer because it's the only component between the XLR (wich porvides 44v when disconnected) and the 2 boards (pre & DC/DC)

Ok, would you care to explain how, then?

the ouput transformer because it's the only component between the XLR (wich porvides 44v when disconnected) and the 2 boards (pre & DC/DC)

Show me on a schematic, then. We can use the U87 schematic.

http://recordinghacks.com/images/mic_extras/neumann/u87ai-schematic.gif

Neither end of the secondary should have any connection to ground, so unless it somehow ended up short-circuiting to ground internally... Not impossible, just very very VERY unlikely.

How about measuring the two 2.2k resistors between XLR pins 2/3 and the common supply rail (red wire going to the DC-DC board)? Or actually, that whole row of components on the lower edge of the audio board (R1/2/3/4 and L1/2).

And since the wires between the two boards were the way they were i would also check the wires within the transformer "case".

I apologize for interrupting you
With the microphone unpowered, with the secondary of the transformer still soldered to the board, measure the ohmic resistance between the ends of the resistors
R4 and R3 (the ends towards the cylindrical shielding of the transformer).
It must measure a minimum of 43.9 ohms.

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_115552.jpg
    IMG_20240319_115552.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 0
I've desoldered the DC/DC board and the 3 connexions of the capsule and put the board appart for easy intervention.
I will open up the transformer case and will do now what you asked for (R1/2/etc) and come back to you in a couple of minutes...

I apologize for interrupting you
With the microphone unpowered, with the secondary of the transformer still soldered to the board, measure the ohmic resistance between the ends of the resistors
R4 and R3 (the ends towards the cylindrical shielding of the transformer).
It must measure a minimum of 43.9 ohms.
Hi micolas, wlcome back :) there is 48,4Ω between R3 & R4...

you're lucky
the transformer secondary is good
De-solder a single end of the resistors
R4 R2 R1 R3
and measure them
and the ohmic resistance of inductors L1 and L2 is 5.2 ohm (do not need to be unsoldered)
I will (here is a pict where you can read the values)
L1 & L2 (not unsoldered) are 3,5Ω

Attachments

• down-board.jpg
    down-board.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 0
So now either the two 47 ohm resistors are failed, and/or the two 2.2kohm resistors are failed. Not much else left...

Back