seeking information about custom tube console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turnawheel

howdy all,
i recently purchased a full custom tube console from the 60's. the previous owner purchased it in 1971 in long island. he was able to tell me the console came from a studio that was below a howard johnson's on jericho turnpike. otherwise i have zero information about the unit. there are no schematics or maker's mark anywhere.

it uses triad a10j input transformers with 6267 tubes. there's a second gain stage in the center section with 12au7 tubes. it has a master LCR output amp and another LCR amp for the monitoring section. a pair of fisher space expander tube reverb units on a send. i'm still disassembling and cleaning and drawing things out, and will provide more information as i get it.

i'm hoping somebody may have some information about who built this console. if someone recognizes it or can use the clues about its' previous location, i'd be very happy to learn more about it. Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 7.27.39 PM.png

Back