Shopping list for the latest Melcor 1731

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blargh. I can't change my order, so 8 caps will be the wrong value by an order of magnitude. That kinda sucks.

I guess I'll just need to piggyback those onto the next order...

By the way, does anyone else think that Mouser's online order application is a pain in the butt to use? It took me almost three hours to hunt down and order the parts for four op amps.

[quote author="FrankSL"]...What is the technical difference between COG/NPO and other types. For what I know is a different dielectric material, but why does COG/NPO's are fine and the others not?[/quote]The COG/NPO dielectric is way superior to the X7R and Z5U dielectrics. It's also much more expensive which is why you don't see it in higher values (0.05uF and above).

Regarding the COG/NPO capacitors, I wrote a paper about them back in 1980 because there was a lot of misunderstanding about them at the time. The paper, "Ceramic Capacitors", appears on page 8 of my 990 data sheet. You can find it at:

http://www.johnhardyco.com/pdf/990.pdf

I hope it is helpful. Thank you.

John Hardy
The John Hardy Co.
www.johnhardyco.com

Hey John!
I should have posted that link, but I was in a hurry when I posted and didn't think about it. I did post a link to your site in another thread here today.

Anyway, great to see you here!

bills out there, just hasn't posted ( saw him as a most recently registered person ) :grin:

And welcome John, it's amazing to see so many great minds in one place :thumb:

ju

[quote author="cjenrick"]Awesome! ......., now where's Whitlock?![/quote]

well ... :roll:

send him an email and stir him up,
and while you have him ... say Hi from me. :grin:

Back