Shuaiyin Mic Parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a long thread in Microphones forum about Soliloqueen’s capsules that is far more commercial than the one post here.
Soliloqueen is a White Market member. Anything they post should be considered in accordance.
This moderation threat feels like more of the sanctioned xenophobic garbage that pops up here.
Don't lend others your own thoughts. Not everyone is living in constant frustration about their genre, colour, religion or social status.
Privilege facts over emotion.

Hi everyone It's a pleasure to meet you guys all here. I'm Maggie Xu Shuaiyin, the granddaughter of Shuai Yin's boss(Mr.Xu). I'm also grateful to Shuai Yin's fans in the group DIY for so many years. We accept praise and criticism to make Shuai Yin better.

I will also share a lot of technological knowledge with everyone here

Best Regards

Maggie Xu
I didn't expect my first post to receive so many replies.

Thank you all. I know there are many people here who like ShuaiYin, and I also want to get to know everyone up close and know their usage ideas.and also a technical sharing and learn.

Of course, if you are interested in our products, I am also very happy.

I am study the rules of this forum now. :)

Best Regrad

Maggie Xu

I was under the impression that Shuaiyin were a well known body supplier here, I learned about them from a thread here some time ago. Up until recently, Jenny was the person everyone interacted with via email to get copies of U47, 414, 87 bodies etc.

I know there was some drama recently that caused her to split off and start her own company, and so I assume Maggie is filling that role now.

I can’t speak to their state of affairs post-changeover, but the pair 414 bodies I got from Jenny are of outstanding quality, and a great price. I know my opinion is probably not worth a great deal as I’m a new member myself, but the guys over at Vamisound have had dealings with Shuaiyin in the past, you may wish to ask their opinion.

All to say they’re legit as far as I know and have experienced, so probably no worries about spam/brute forcing etc on that front.

As to whether this should be white market or not, I have no dog in that fight and leave it to the mods.

I’ve attached a photo of the bodies I got just for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
And Tim, how many times have you reported the Soliloqueen thread for moving to the Whitelist Forum?

You guys are just very obvious in your uneven treatment based on people’s country of origin, and it is somewhat disgusting.
George this has nothing to do with anyone's country of origin. This has to do with a company with a company logo posting in order to promote sales and only that without any contribution of any kind to this forum. It is up to moderators to decide what constitutes what. You seem to always know what it is I do or don't do - amazing! You have no idea what I report or don't report, complain about or don't complain about. I have deep seated dislike of anyone selling anything here and have mentioned this for 20 years. Half the time this place is like "Kits R Us".

This has to do with a company with a company logo posting in order to promote sales and only that without any contribution of any kind to this forum.

Wow Tim, a bit of the pot calling the kettle black with @GeorgeToledo ? In this case, you have direct evidence contrary to your statement, but you still claim to "know what it is (others) do or don't do."

SY posts consisted solely of the following:

Hi everyone It's a pleasure to meet you guys all here. I'm Maggie Xu Shuaiyin, the granddaughter of Shuai Yin's boss(Mr.Xu). I'm also grateful to Shuai Yin's fans in the group DIY for so many years. We accept praise and criticism to make Shuai Yin better.

I will also share a lot of technological knowledge with everyone here

Best Regards

Maggie Xu

I didn't expect my first post to receive so many replies.

Thank you all. I know there are many people here who like ShuaiYin, and I also want to get to know everyone up close and know their usage ideas.and also a technical sharing and learn.

Of course, if you are interested in our products, I am also very happy.

I am study the rules of this forum now. :)

Best Regrad

Maggie Xu

I've bolded both your and SY quotes. Yeah, no mischaracterization or cherry picking at all on your behalf Tim. Care to walk back your claim, or even admit their posts do indeed indicate they want to share and learn technical info in a collaborative spirit? Or are you behaving the same as what you accuse GT of? Because I don't see how you can have it both ways.

I have deep seated dislike of anyone selling anything here and have mentioned this for 20 years. Half the time this place is like "Kits R Us".
Well, that's a bit OT, but since you brought it up, it sure seems like you think that, for whatever reason, GDIY should be modeled the way YOU want it.
I guess that's in line with why you don't sell your own capsules to end-users here, and have disdain for those that do sell parts. Note the word "parts," not kits. You mischaracterize and show clear contempt and disdain for individuals or companies selling parts with a 'toys r us' slogan, infantilizing those that may want to just build a kit. Yet, Mic Parts isn't all that active here. Mic and Mod isn't on here. Where are all these kits with step by step paint by number guides comprising 50% of the the entire forum?
And of the places that do sell step by step paint by number guides, why bemoan it so egregiously? Why not instead just ignore such posts and put your time and energy towards contribute to other areas of knowledge at a more advanced level? It's not like CAPI, for example, somehow lowers the tide for all boats, or one thread in the Microphones thread diminishes the quality of information in the next thread.

I'm guessing you'll obfuscate, but would love to be proven wrong with direct answers to these questions above.

-

As a more general comment, separate from TC:

In the past, and in this case, it seems there is such little grace for some members who don't read all rules or sign up for WM threads. I'm sure I don't always see what the mods may, but from my humble end-user perspective, likely with many blind spots, it seems like there are times (not always!) both some mods and certainly some members ascribe nefarious motivations to what may be explained by a member's oversight or misinterpretation of what rules apply when. By analogy, how often do you read all the terms and conditions associated with day to day web transactions, computer updates, etc.? Few people do. To be clear, I'm not saying anyone should be exempt from forum rules, I just don't understand why members and mods respond in certain ways, bring the hammer down so quick etc. (vs. a bit more patience with new members. Maybe there are good reasons for, and by no means am I claiming I have the insight or perspective mods do. Just a bit of what the view appears like from my spot here, and I doubt I'm the only one who has this perspective/puzzlement.

I'm never super clear on what the rules are, some clarity would be nice.
While we're at it, it would be nice to know who actually owns groupdiy.com and who makes the rules? At the moment, we have a particularly smug moderator who decides in the best sheriff style who gets shot for whatever reason. The rules are applied completely arbitrarily and there is no ombudsman's office to deal with abusive moderators. Who controls the controllers? We are losing more and more competent members as a result of this kind of behaviour.

I think we should really put the brakes on and clarify a few things before it's too late.

To be clear, I'm not saying anyone should be exempt from forum rules, I just don't understand why members and mods respond in certain ways, bring the hammer down so quick etc. (vs. a bit more patience with new members. Maybe there are good reasons for, and by no means am I claiming I have the insight or perspective mods do. Just a bit of what the view appears like from my spot here, and I doubt I'm the only one who has this perspective/puzzlement.
Ithink it would be very boring if we (mods) posted all the PM's we address to people who don't RTF rules.
In this specific case, I sent two PM's, Angie at least one and maybe others (gyraf?), and Jr hauled is ass off to understand why the alarm sounded.

You have no idea what I report or don't report, complain about or don't complain about.
Tim, you wrote that you reported the post. If you can’t remember that far back, I encourage you to seek some help. It can be a serious issue. This is the post: Shuaiyin Mic Parts

If you don’t want people to respond to your posts about your actions, you don’t have to write them. You can in fact keep the info to yourself.

As far as the rest of your post goes, it is so lacking in self awareness as to be absurd.

Last edited:
John, you and Tim have repeatedly made off topic posts in this thread, immediately derailing it. It is really frustrating.

Today I come to the site and see Tim has written further off topic posts, but more disturbingly can’t seem to remember his original post.

Tim, it’s really concerning for you to post something like you have today. You made everyone aware that you reported the thread starting post. Remember?

John and Tim, you have managed to destroy the thread (and for nothing considering ShuaiYin is a whitelist member), and when it might have gotten back on track, you still won’t shut the fuck up. Please. If it doesn’t have to do with the topic, go spout off somewhere else.

Last edited:
what is it about microphones that brings out the worst in people..?

lets try to be nicer to each other. No Personal ad hominem is one of the few rules.

JR
As nice as you condole? I am ashamed of you and would like to tell you once again clearly that you do not speak for anyone here. Your behaviour is damaging the groupdiy community more and more. This has to stop!

Gee, fellas, I thought maybe we could all discuss the interesting world of Chinese microphone body manufacturing, but this has gotten beyond ugly and more than a little uncomfortable. Not sure I can unread a lot of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back