Siemens 295b help...sst117/1 transistors?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tungstengruvsten

Hey all;

been super busy lately with work, just taking some time back for myself to fire up the soldering iron and drill press!

Anyways, I've got a pair of 295b's that need fixing - had a couple resistors way out of tolerance in the output stage and I need to replace the output transistors...these are sst117/1's....anyone have a few around? I found one place but they had a minimum order of 100....I need 10 tops. Is there a replacement for them?

Here's a link to the 295b schematics description etc:

http://www.kubarth.de/cgi-bin/diy/german/index#w

Also in the output stage, there are 2x 5k trimpots on the output with a 22uf cap between the wipers...R29 and R30 on the schem... what are these used for? Symmetry? How to adjust them properly?

Any help is welcome!

speaking of "295b's that need fixing" - can anyone tell me if I can still find some rotary switches for the puppies? They were made by elma, quite compact and have a strange shaft size, not 1/4 inch...

Also in the output stage, there are 2x 5k trimpots on the output with a 22uf cap between the wipers...R29 and R30 on the schem... what are these used for? Symmetry? How to adjust them properly?

R29 is amplification / R31 and R18 are for symmetry.

R77 through R84 are trimpots as well. There are lots of points of adjustments in this schematic. Although I know nothing about the adjustment procedure, I can say that properly tuned units do sound noticably better than old / out of spec units. I have several w295(a/b) in various conditions - from mint to not-working :)

cheers, Marten

Tungstengruvsten !
I think I have some original ones.
Do you want me to look for them ?
Hi Andre. Voices from the past on this. I’ve got a few of these that need the prasenz switches to be functions again. Any chance you Still have some? Or does anybody know a part that might work? Thanks

Back