Site ads

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Anyone else having trouble with the ads on the site crashing the flash player/browser?  I notice this happening on both my mac and PC, so its def. something with this site.

No problem with browsers, but the site ads here and around creep me out.  :eek:

Every time I search for some cheap consumer product just to get general price information the advertising cookies mark me as a hot prospect and I get all kinds of similar product ads pushed at me.

JR

Yeah sorry about that, there are 2 "virus protection" programs that refuse to do a rescan of sites (in 7 years) so that still comes up.  As far as ad block goes, it just stops the site from getting income from impressions so I dont wanna do that either.  Joh roberts, the scary thing is when you search for something on one computer and you go on another computer an it starts following you... 

sr1200 said:
Yeah sorry about that, there are 2 "virus protection" programs that refuse to do a rescan of sites (in 7 years) so that still comes up.  As far as ad block goes, it just stops the site from getting income from impressions so I dont wanna do that either.  Joh roberts, the scary thing is when you search for something on one computer and you go on another computer an it starts following you...
Yup, at least that part of minority report is plausible science fiction...

JR

I use an ad blocker. The neat thing is you make certain sites an exception to ad blocking so I just enable them on sites I want to support.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back