Small Body Recommendations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recording Engineer

Looking for a pair of bodies to build some C12a mics into next year. Anyone have some ideas? I’m thinking small, but big enough to easily fit a miniature tube (not the nuvistor or a submini), Moby’s U11 transformer, and a few parts.

If nothing else, what’s the best small heavy-duty body today (that’ll fit all that) with a slanted grill of some sort that isn’t too rounded and flared out / winged at the top?

Thanks guys!

Looking for a pair of bodies to build some C12a mics into next year. Anyone have some ideas? I’m thinking small, but big enough to easily fit a miniature tube (not the nuvistor or a submini), Moby’s U11 transformer, and a few parts.

If nothing else, what’s the best small heavy-duty body today (that’ll fit all that) with a slanted grill of some sort that isn’t too rounded and flared out / winged at the top?

Thanks guys!
Something like the mxl 2001 mic maybe? Really nice bodies and you get them on eBay for around $40?

I’d love to, but only because I wouldn’t think any of them will fit a miniature tube; in this case an 8532W / CV5311. I’d love to be wrong.
Good question. They don't offer dimensions, so no way to know for sure. But the real c414 is 160x50x38mm. while the tube max dimensions are 53x19mm. So, in the real body, it should work.

Yes, something like that, if I have to. The grill V flare-out when looking at it straight-on is not my favorite, but I’d easily get over it if it’s the best body and grill we have today for that size mic.
Really nice bodies for what you want are the “microphone parts” T12 and T47. I don’t know where he gets those but maybe you could ask.

Really nice bodies for what you want are the “microphone parts” T12 and T47. I don’t know where he gets those but maybe you could ask.
Well well well… You just triggered a thought! I have a pair of those bodies already that I bought from them quite a number of years ago now! Haven’t looked at or thought of them in years! Just did right now. Thin sleeves like the MXL 910, but nothing a bit of dampening won’t fix.

Well well well… You just triggered a thought! I have a pair of those bodies already that I bought from them quite a number of years ago now! Haven’t looked at or thought of them in years! Just did right now. Thin sleeves like the MXL 910, but nothing a bit of dampening won’t fix.
Haha…my very first diy was a T12. A year ago I took it apart and built a mini 47 with nuvistor. It worked out great.

I think this might be the mic body y'all are talking about. I got the black one when I built the T-47 and then I bought the cream/white one on Aliexpress separately (I don't think MP sells the bodies outside a kit now). It's the exact same body though and very nice for the price:

US $49.99 | 4.5x24cm White Black DIY Condenser Tube Microphone Body Mic Shell Case Mic Accessories For TELEFUNKE MF 33 TF33 FET Microphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tZhzq

Latest posts

Back