Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sectigo was down for maintenance for a while so they're still getting through their backlog of OV orders I think. No idea. The entire site is finished It's just not encrypted yet so I don't feel comfortable collecting personal and financial information.
Ahh I see yes of course, hopefully they get to your site soon 🤞

Hi there,

Could you please put me down for 1 x k67 capsule?

This is perfect timing, I've been searching for a capsule for the Poctop d-67 im building, with a Neumann bv12. Getting a real Neumann k67 or k87 is hard these days… But that frequency response chart of your capsule vs the neumann is really impressive!

Thanks!

Hi there,

Could you please put me down for 1 x k67 capsule?

This is perfect timing, I've been searching for a capsule for the Poctop d-67 im building, with a Neumann bv12. Getting a real Neumann k67 or k87 is hard these days… But that frequency response chart of your capsule vs the neumann is really impressive!

Thanks!
To avoid further confusion, i'll quote myself:
K67 TLDR version of the "review" is that the capsule matches the performance of the original Neumann capsule I compared it to in every aspect. So yes, I absolutely recommend them. The measurement of one of the capsules front vs back.
It is the measurement of Soliloqueen's capsule front vs back, not vs Neumann's.

I haven't posted the measurement against the Neumann's original simply because there might be variations in the OG capsule, and even if the example i used is exactly the same as the replica, some other might be different. Ageing, tolerances, period etc. I don't want to mislead anyone in case they find their OG to be different than this one.

Ahh i see, my bad!

We’ll, I’m actually still interested in one.

Sounds to me like you’re doing all the right things to produce a great sounding capsule. Love hearing the process!

Last edited:
staging for the product photos. I made a few changes since the "beta" i sent to @kingkorg
PXL_20230114_212517540.jpg
ivory rings, which we managed to track down for this screw setup without having to pour them ourselves
PXL_20230114_210932675.jpg
the serial numbers are etched in the production run. it was a little extra trouble but it's easier than a sticker on the capsule someone might lose or on the box that may not have a capsule in it...
PXL_20230114_210747760.jpg
boxes and much nicer wires to match the flat k47s. though i hear, by coincidence, that 3u also puts red tape on theirs, so maybe i will use another color...

How do you "tension" the capsules/membrane? I'm a complete newbie about microphones, I just read Klaus Heyne's original article on germanmasterwork.com about the U67 reissue, where he stated that he measured 10 original Neumann (K87?) capsules on both sides and no 2 were the same. (He also can release the tension to make them more low-rich, akin to the vintage ones as it is believed.)
It's nice that both sides of yours measures this close to each other. Just out of curiosity, do you tension them yourself, by hand, or it's also automated to a tight tolerance at your contractor?

How do you "tension" the capsules/membrane? I'm a complete newbie about microphones, I just read Klaus Heyne's original article on germanmasterwork.com about the U67 reissue, where he stated that he measured 10 original Neumann (K87?) capsules on both sides and no 2 were the same. (He also can release the tension to make them more low-rich, akin to the vintage ones as it is believed.)
It's nice that both sides of yours measures this close to each other. Just out of curiosity, do you tension them yourself, by hand, or it's also automated to a tight tolerance at your contractor?
These are tensioned by hand with custom screw jigs by the contract team I work with, it's just done very carefully.

Finally!!! Orders for the K87 are now open here. There's also a permanent home for the Flat K47. I expect shipping to start in 10 or so days or less and same-day shipping from then on. Google and Apple pay will be available later on when I get approved.

Retail price announcement (capsule, saddle, cover, serialization chart): $159.00
Current retail quantity: 290

Let me know if I'm not allowed to post links to stores outside WM. I figured only in this thread would be OK since it's the topic. Let me know if there are any bugs in the site. It should look like this:
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 22-26-06 Arienne Audio – Microphone Capsules.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back