Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome. Your styIe of doing this is a beautifuI thing to behoId. And I haven't even got the capsuIes yet :) I am very gIad you found it interesting to dive in to this degree of detaiI and Iove, and now there are capsuIes coming into being that are going to be sweeeeeet. This is going to be a great buiId, and I sense not the Iast time I order capsuIes from you.

And yet, I have had excellent service from this US vendor on eBay.com - for example, 1.4mm x 6mm screws -- 99.9% positive feedback and very quick shipping. / James - K8JHR /

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295012242115
Now find the little ring terminals that some capsules require for the backplate connection. :) I haven't had much luck.

Now find the little ring terminals that some capsules require

Sheesh! Now that is a serious challenge! They are nearly unobtanium, but I will give it the old college try.

Occasionally, I make my own ring lugs from a small bit of brass foil which I use to clean and polish between the tines of fountain pen nibs. I cut a small rectangular piece and punch a hole in one end with an awl or similar pointed tool. Otherwise, I make a very small loop of stranded lead wire formed around a pin or nail, and tin (solder) it so it is stiff and works like a ring lug. I have even filed the head of a brass screw in the edge of the capsule and soldered the wire directly to the bare screw head, although this is not my preferred method. Soldering to the brass capsule, itself, takes too much heat and I fear that would damage the capsule internally. But soldering a small screw in one of the mounting holes works well, as long as it is polished and there is no lacquer on it.

Just MY take ... your mileage may vary. James -K8JHR-

Last edited:
Sheesh! Now that is a serious challenge! They are nearly unobtanium, but I will give it the old college try.

Occasionally, I make my own ring lugs from a small bit of brass foil which I use to clean and polish between the tines of fountain pen nibs. I cut a small rectangular piece and punch a hole in one end with an awl or similar pointed tool. Otherwise, I make a very small loop of stranded lead wire formed around a pin or nail, and tin (solder) it so it is stiff and works like a ring lug. I have even filed the head of a brass screw in the edge of the capsule and soldered the wire directly to the bare screw head, although this is not my preferred method. Soldering to the brass capsule, itself, takes too much heat and I fear that would damage the capsule internally. But soldering a small screw in one of the mounting holes works well, as long as it is polished and there is no lacquer on it.

Just MY take ... your mileage may vary. James -K8JHR-
I did just get some wires terminated with the ring terminals from a somewhat well known mic manufacturer, but that was because they forgot to send me one with a capsule. They kindly made up for it by sending me 4 or 5. But having some bulk ring terminals in my own inventory would be nice.

Last edited:
I did just get some wires terminated with the ring terminals from a somewhat well known mic manufacturer, but that was because they forgot to send me one with a capsule. They kindly made up for it by sending me 4 or 5. But having some bilk ring terminals in my own inventory would be nice.
97.10 MXN$ | Cables plateados de silicona roja de 5 unids/pack y 12cm para micrófono, piezas de bricolaje de audio largas
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms0XoV0

Maybe a stupid question: I do need a few single sided capsules for cardiod-only mics - would it be possible to separate the two halves of a K87 to make two capsules without destroying them?

Maybe a stupid question: I do need a few single sided capsules for cardiod-only mics - would it be possible to separate the two halves of a K87 to make two capsules without destroying them?
without the chamber the polar pattern will change profoundly. it's not something you can do unless you can make a custom solid plate k103 style

Latest posts

Back