Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently people who ordered more than one b stock capsule only got one. This is because I accidentally deleted the b stock product code in the website instead of turning it off. In theory this would do nothing to the shipping back end but it actually sent an order along the web service to remove the product (which is not what it should have done) that caused a memory error that caused the stock to be reported correctly in the back end but when transmitting to the hardware that verifies the packing count by barcode it got reported as one unit. (Also not how shipstation should have handled this behavior) I am fixing this and we are dispatching all of the missing b stock capsules. As far as we know, other items are not affected by this problem

Last edited:
I received Arienne’s k87 v2 capsule today. I can’t wait to compare u87ai. I personally feel that the sound is very close to u87ai. Because the grille, output transformer, and circuit are different from the u87ai. So the sound will be a little different. But I'm very satisfied. Below is an A/B comparison with u87ai. Ignore my poor English pronunciation.
View attachment mic1.wav
View attachment mic2.wav

Attachments

• k87.png
    k87.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • u87ai.png
    u87ai.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I received Arienne’s k87 v2 capsule today. I can’t wait to compare u87ai. I personally feel that the sound is very close to u87ai. Because the grille, output transformer, and circuit are different from the u87ai. So the sound will be a little different. But I'm very satisfied. Below is an A/B comparison with u87ai. Ignore my poor English pronunciation.
View attachment 123417
View attachment 123418

Great test, thanks for sharing. Would be cool to hear the Arienne swapped into the U87 if that’s something you’re comfortable doing. I have a U87 here, but no Arienne capsule at the moment.

Apparently people who ordered more than one b stock capsule only got one. This is because I accidentally deleted the b stock product code in the website instead of turning it off. In theory this would do nothing to the shipping back end but it actually sent an order along the web service to remove the product (which is not what it should have done) that caused a memory error that caused the stock to be reported correctly in the back end but when transmitting to the hardware that verifies the packing count by barcode it got reported as one unit. (Also not how shipstation should have handled this behavior) I am fixing this and we are dispatching all of the missing b stock capsules. As far as we know, other items are not affected by this problem
I just revived the multiple B-stock capsule I ordered today, so everything worked fine for me in that regard- though two had come out of their cases in shipping and were loose in the box. I'll check em, but I bet they're fine. So stoked to be able to get a few for demos with my students! I already modded a bargain bin CAD in class to walk them through swapping capsules and a couple caps. I'll probably put a B-stock in it and leave it in the mic looker for them to use. Did a before and after recording too- I think I might have snagged you a few future customers.

I just revived the multiple B-stock capsule I ordered today, so everything worked fine for me in that regard- though two had come out of their cases in shipping and were loose in the box. I'll check em, but I bet they're fine. So stoked to be able to get a few for demos with my students! I already modded a bargain bin CAD in class to walk them through swapping capsules and a couple caps. I'll probably put a B-stock in it and leave it in the mic looker for them to use. Did a before and after recording too- I think I might have snagged you a few future customers.
Yep. Just found out they hired interns to pack them instead of the staff guys who know my product, without informing me. Piss poor packaging for the forwarded units. I swear stuff happens in threes. I'm angry. Luckily they're compensating me for every damaged package reported and I'll cover duties, so as always replacements are free.

View attachment 123417
View attachment 123418
Awesome! Which sample is which mic though? I can’t see anything labeled. I am hoping my k87 v2’s arrive soon as well.

Isn't that half the fun? ;)

95 percent, in my book.

Oscar, PLEASE don't hurry to say which is which.

Everyone else, please say which you like better and why.j

Edited to add: or just describe what you hear. I often can hear a difference between mics without particularly feeling one is better than the other.

Last edited:
Alright I'll play-

They sound fairly close!

The top one (1? A?) is brighter. More "ssss" on the word "siblance" especially. Which by the way, how does one spell that word "siblance" correctly? That's the way I've always seen it spelled online but it always comes up as misspelled on my browser. I would love to not look like an idiot all the time if it's the wrong way to spell it, lol.

The second one (2? B?) is slightly more HF rolled off. The "ssss"'s don't hurt my ears as much when I turn the volume up. I hear more bass and a tiny bit more body in it as well.

If I had to guess? 1 is Soliloqueen's, 2 is Neumann's. I hope I'm wrong though cause I liked the 2nd one better. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by being wrong.

Could obviously be the mic circuit components difference, or the body and head basket difference.

Cheers.

So the sound will be a little different.
They're really close, which in itself is an amazing feat in my book. The second clip is a tad louder, and a bit more focused in the midrange. The first clip sounds a bit more open in the high, but a bit more "loose" overall. Very curious to know which is which.

I definitely recognize the focused quality of the sound from my own D87 with the Arienne K87.

Alright I'll play-

They sound fairly close!

The top one (1? A?) is brighter. More "ssss" on the word "siblance" especially. Which by the way, how does one spell that word "siblance" correctly? That's the way I've always seen it spelled online but it always comes up as misspelled on my browser. I would love to not look like an idiot all the time if it's the wrong way to spell it, lol.

The second one (2? B?) is slightly more HF rolled off. The "ssss"'s don't hurt my ears as much when I turn the volume up. I hear more bass and a tiny bit more body in it as well.

If I had to guess? 1 is Soliloqueen's, 2 is Neumann's. I hope I'm wrong though cause I liked the 2nd one better. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by being wrong.

Could obviously be the mic circuit components difference, or the body and head basket difference.

Cheers.
I feel exactly the same..

Hi ! I just received my U47 flat pair and there is a little... (?) "something" on the front diaphragm that doesn't seem to be dust... The rear diaph of the two items are ok so is the front diaph of the second caps...
I hope it's not a real pb...

BTW the shipping has been very fast considering leaving US to reach a little town in France...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-02-29 à 14.26.29.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2024-02-29 à 14.26.29.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi ! I just received my U47 flat pair and there is a little... (?) "something" on the front diaphragm that doesn't seem to be dust... The rear diaph of the two items are ok so is the front diaph of the second caps...
I hope it's not a real pb...

BTW the shipping has been very fast considering leaving US to reach a little town in France...
Was the box sealed?

Latest posts

Back