Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there

i have an issue with my cp5176. the unit was working fine for around 5 years. now, if i switch it in (bypass sounds fine) the sound gets thin/highpassed. any idea, where to look? i allready changed the opamp, doesnt change a thing.

many thanks for all inputs in advance.

best, joachim

You may have lost one of the phases of the signal.
Check that you can measure the input transformer primary DC resistance from the input XLR, pins 2&3, at about 2 kohms.
Check that you can measure the output transformer secondary DC resistance from the output XLR at about 35 ohms. The power and the compressor must be on for the later.

If I only had the money to buy all the good stuff you´re offering. But the monitor controller remote is a must. I´m ready to hit the button.

Mine is already put together and mostly working. What doesn´t work is mono and diff. The LEDs on the remote are lightening up, but the MC624 doesn´t react. Any idea where to look at, Jean-Pierre?

The wooden box looks beautiful, btw.

What is the version number of the firmware of your MC, marked on U20? I need to check if this is not software related.

It´s V1.1, PCB is V1.3 with the mod installed (of course).
Same here, exactly same versions.I have sent a mail to Jean-Pierre.
Seems to be an easy fix since it's just firmware related.
All the other stuff seems to work, the MC624 follows the REM624 nicely.
I love the footprint,it´s way smaller than -say-our AVOCET II but perfectly easy to use.A real space-savior.
And as Jens already said: The wooden box is beautiful!
See attached Pics please.

Best Regards,

Udo.

Edit:I forgot to post this.The Soundskulptor guys sent the new firmware (is V1.8 now) to me.All good now.Thanks again to Jean-Pierre and his team for an excellent service!

Attachments

• tempImagezT490E.png
    tempImagezT490E.png
    11 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImagejnCSHv.png
    tempImagejnCSHv.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back