Sound Skulptor: Pre's, Compressors, Tape Simulator, Professionnal Audio Kits

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in the +/-20% range, which is usual tolerance for potentiometer
P1 is an input attenuator so I suppose the log curve is the more important for matching position.
P3 is sidechain time release, miss match will change accordingly the max time release, but in stereo the sc is summed after that so not a real issue, the time release will be the longer for both side.

Hi there, just did the components check this morning on my 2 MU524 vari mu kits. Everything seems to be there, but I'm wondering something about P1,P2,P3.
They are 10K, 2K2 and 2M2 potentiometer. When I measure them I find :
P1: 8k17 and 8k85
P2: 2K3 and 2K3 (seems ok to me)
P3: 1M87 and 2M14

Is there any issue with P1 and P3 values, as solo unit, and as stereo bus comp?
I really don't know, just asking there to have some advices

Thank, and enjoy the sunny day :)
Most pots have 20% tolerance and those are all within that range.

Correction. I had made a mistake when building. I had the a transistor backwards. Now corrected. I'm not getting 3vac output during setup. More like 1vac.

@Forcemusicgroup
If you dont mind, can we continue this debugging topic in our dedicated forum or by emails?
I'd rather keep this topic for product announcements and general questions?
Thank you very much.

👍

By the way, the side cover should not stick out from the front panel, like in the picture. Is it just untightened?

Haha, just noticed the LMW28F mark on the bottom right of the faceplate.
Nice touch!

Also, updating to say I’m loving this on vocal - very rich.
The impedance switch is useful here, almost like having a different mic, going back and forth.
Also, small point, but i’ve never liked a single LED meter more than this one; it’s reactive and does a good job of representing the signal. Turns red on overload (not sure level required).

Dialing the output knob down and cranking the chicken knob does as expected and gets the sound large and in charge, but still clean - hard to describe.
I’ve never used the Chandler, ir the original, but this pre will likely eat up another spot or two in my lunchbox.

Thanks again for a great kit - a real treat to put together and sounds fabulous!

Hello! Can anyone tell me if the EQP501 is stepped or not?
I love easy recall...
Thanks!
If you look at the photo of it on the first page you can see that frequencies are switched but level is not. You could figure out what kind of rotary switch would fit and use that instead. The pots for the levels are linear so the resistance per step would be easy to figure out.

Thanks!

Paul

Back