Split/Inline or something different

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
How do you switch from tracking to remix on your Studer?

The 089 series have a "remix" signaling bus that force all input to line in (via relay logic)
A simple switch/button can be fitted for this option, or already available on customer request
Have a look at 089 or 189 service manual, input module 018 (MKII)

Your extended logic if I get it right, sound good to me, with 3 way at modules, selecting Mic, Line (both locked) and "remote" which flip according to global remix status, so you can have situations that request channel with input status safe mode

By the way, regarding routing and buses, did you thing about some sub group that allow routing some input to a sub bus available at any input module ? it's also a nice feature for small mixer when you can make at least one stereo group using standard input... without extended sub master or specific group channels.

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
The 089 series have a "remix" signaling bus that force all input to line in (via relay logic)
A simple switch/button can be fitted for this option, or already available on customer request
Have a look at 089 or 189 service manual, input module 018 (MKII)

Your extended logic if I get it right, sound good to me, with 3 way at modules, selecting Mic, Line (both locked) and "remote" which flip according to global remix status, so you can have situations that request channel with input status safe mode

By the way, regarding routing and buses, did you thing about some sub group that allow routing some input to a sub bus available at any input module ? it's also a nice feature for small mixer when you can make at least one stereo group using standard input... without extended sub master or specific group channels.

Best
Zam

Very interesting. I have only looked at the 169 manual but now I have looked at the 189 I see what you mean. That is a clever idea and a simple way to add some subgroups to a small mixer without using up unnecessary space for sub master faders. I will look at how it might be incorporated in some versions of the Mark 3.

Cheers

Ian

Making it possible to submix  drums or other grouped sources  would be very nice as Zam said.
An aux return pot on the stereo buss channel could route the submix to main output .  I remember the studer 169 alright ,I think it had a three way switch -main out on ,muted and a momentary action pfl . You do sometimes see a thing in small  mixers where when a channel is muted on main  buss its automatically sent to a monitor mix buss , maybe something as simple as that might add extra flexibillity . In a mixdown situation you can of course digitally pre mix your sources before you hit the mixer ,but adding a single stereo submix/main mix buss output per channel would be great.

Back