SSL 4000 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.  It's been 1 week since the boards arrived and the time has passed for those who had verbally committed to claim their PCB's.  I'm now offering those up first come first served.  I have 20 unclaimed PCB's.  Price is still $20.00 USD each and that does include the paypal fee's and shipping costs.

Merry Christmas,

-Casey

Can't seem to find  your schematic here. The link on Page 3 is not working for me. Can you please point me in the right direction for the schematic for this board?

SSL4000EEQSchematic.png

-Casey

Boards arrived in Houston  8)

I saw that Casey planned on offering filter boards sometime in the future, but is anyone else planning on hacking up a board for the hp/lp filters? I'm considering making one on vero-board since it's a fairly simple affair. I figure I can move C1 to the filter board before a filter bypass switch and patch it in where C1 was on the eq board.

One more question: On the schematic the 100uf caps are labeled Tant, should these be tantalum capacitors?

Indecline said:
I saw that Casey planned on offering filter boards sometime in the future

Check attachment.  It's double sided and free for personal use.

Indecline said:
One more question: On the schematic the 100uf caps are labeled Tant, should these be tantalum capacitors?

The original circuit used tants.  Feel free to use them, but the ones that I put in my BOM are very good replacement electro's.

Attachments

• SSL4000E Filters.brd
    23.1 KB · Views: 266
And here is the schematic with values for the filter board.

This is strait from the original schematic.  I have not tested this since I just did it last night.  So if something isn't quite right, you have been warned.

-Casey

Attachments

• SSL4000E Filters.sch
    111.3 KB · Views: 254
signalflow said:

This is strait from the original schematic.  I have not tested this since I just did it last night.  So if something isn't quite right, you have been warned.

-Casey

I dumped it into spice to check it out. The high pass was acting fishy and not going past 80hz. Checked it against the original and it seems that C23 was left out ;D Popped into spice and bingo! Up to 330hz, low pass filter checked out down to 3.1khz inside computer land.

Indecline said:
signalflow said:

-Casey

I dumped it into spice to check it out. The high pass was acting fishy and not going past 80hz. Checked it against the original and it seems that C23 was left out ;D Popped into spice and bingo! Up to 330hz, low pass filter checked out down to 3.1khz inside computer land.

Whoops!  fixed and updated both schematic and board file.  Good catch!  Threw it together a little too quick! Haha!

-Casey

Latest posts

Back