SSL 9K Mic Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey

im trying to put together a order list for my 9k's. thanks for making the parts list btw.

one question. on the bridge resistors, they are commented as:

BR1-2: ???

do you have any part numbers/specs/any idea on what to use for them?

thanks.
taylor

They aren't bridge resistors.
They are bridge rectifiers...

Take a look here:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/rectbr.html

And this is what you need...
600600F.JPG

I've used a 250Vrms (400Vrrm) bridge (Type: Rounded WOG)

Hope this helps...

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeno

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=4731&highlight=ssl+9k

:thumb:

i've got most my parts from mouser in for my 9k's. i made up a parts list with exact details of cost, part number, number needed, ect. should be REALLY helpfull. but i got a couple of wrong parts (wrong size) so after i get her up and running i'll put up my text files (took a while too).

is there a reason to not use ceramic caps(high quality of course) for most of the preamp? besides of course the coupling caps..

and how about polyester for the 2.2uf coupling caps?

I just start for 9K and i have some problems.
1.What is the value of C63? It's not in part list and schematics.
2. How many Voltage for 4x100u on Line out PCB?

Thank you so much.. :grin:

i've been instructed to use just a 100nf for the c63, but theres another one thats not on the bom too, its also a 100nf, i think its the one next to the 'gain b' and to the right of the +15 and a bit higher.

:)

i used 63v on the line out elec.

:thumb: :thumb:

[quote author="asm"]no problem! if you are planning to order from Mouser, let me know, cause i have a BOM with part numbers, ect for it.[/quote]

PM send! I'll try and combine all the infomation into one PDF (with peoples permission) - Keith's schems & layouts, Neeno's stuffed boards for reference, PRR's Gain switch values and sketches and info on using the two power supplies (15v & 18v). Perhaps a pad/48v/phase layout too?

this is a great starting project for people new to DIY so keeping all the info in one place would make it much easier... agreeded?

Hi sammas,
that's great ! and maybe a webpage with all the collected informations about the ssl9k can be a good idea...

I can do that... just send me all the collected material and i'll try to do it.

My email: nino(at)studio21(dot)ch

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

[quote author="Sammas"][quote author="asm"]no problem! if you are planning to order from Mouser, let me know, cause i have a BOM with part numbers, ect for it.[/quote]

PM send! I'll try and combine all the infomation into one PDF (with peoples permission) - Keith's schems & layouts, Neeno's stuffed boards for reference, PRR's Gain switch values and sketches and info on using the two power supplies (15v & 18v). Perhaps a pad/48v/phase layout too?

this is a great starting project for people new to DIY so keeping all the info in one place would make it much easier... agreeded?[/quote]

[quote author="Neeno"]Hi sammas,
that's great ! and maybe a webpage with all the collected informations about the ssl9k can be a good idea...

I can do that... just send me all the collected material and i'll try to do it.

My email: nino(at)studio21(dot)ch

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

[quote author="Sammas"][quote author="asm"]no problem! if you are planning to order from Mouser, let me know, cause i have a BOM with part numbers, ect for it.[/quote]

this is a great starting project for people new to DIY so keeping all the info in one place would make it much easier... agreeded?[/quote][/quote]

will do! :thumb:

Back