SSL - Iceblue * another HPGL Schaefferpanel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neve output section? nice It looks like the power transformer is external?

Hi Steffen!
Looks very nice! Do you use a separate regulator for the neve section or do you feed that with 30V too! should work with minor changes!

Another thing, I use Illustrator too for my front panel work, do I have to use any special fonts if I wanna export and convert it to HPGL and then import it into fpd?

If anyone have the DIN 17 font please contact me! the company that I normaly use for engravings wants me to use that for a test engraving since they have to convert the fonts I normaly use.

@ Gus

yepp it´s a neve w/ sowter xformers more clean but nice. the unit is powered by a AC wall wart.

@ Thomas

separate 30 and 24V regs, plus -10 for bias and -15 for the relays

you can use ANY font you like since you must convert all text to outline before exporting (goto menu "select" > "object" > "text objects", then right click on the selected text, choose "create outline" in the popup

steff

Wow Steffen, that looks better than pro!

I am trying to import HPGLs into FPD because I am tired of using the stock fonts etc. How do you format the HPGL (while in corel, etc.) so that FPD sees an object as a hole or just something to engrave? How do you specify engraving depth? Thanks

Ian

[quote author="Tekay"]If anyone have the DIN 17 font please contact me![/quote]
I think I may have found it - I'll let you know...

[edit]I found a "DIN17" font, but it's a symbol font, so probably not what you need.[/edit]

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

[quote author="Ian MacGregor"]Wow Steffen, that looks better than pro!

I am trying to import HPGLs into FPD because I am tired of using the stock fonts etc. How do you format the HPGL (while in corel, etc.) so that FPD sees an object as a hole or just something to engrave? How do you specify engraving depth? Thanks

Ian[/quote]

Ido only the lettering, symbols, scales in hpgl. the holes, cutouts etc. are standard FPD tools.

steff

:shock:

- can you say with which color of schaeffer you have make this one ?

- where can i find this beautiful switchs ?

thanks

very impressive work :thumb:

blackface variant also finished...... :green:

SSLblackface.jpg

$hit....can´t stop DIYing....

I'm wishing I had put mine in a 2 rack unit case like that. It makes it look more substantial! Nice work!!!

Steffen, I'm curious as to how you were able to get the "mu" symbol filled in. Everytime I've imported text into FPD, all I get are the outlines of the text. Is there an option to have it filled?

Another great looking box, btw...

Ian

I second Ian's question about filling. My text is outilined as well and I'm worried about the outcome...whether or not the tool will take out enough material to make the text appear solid.

For the record, I've just done my Forssell panel in Hpgl and the price went from $74 to $51 !! :shock: Same text, graphics and all. Just imported as 1 Hpgl file and positioned.

hint: if you select the 0.2mm milling cutter, your outlines
must be 0.1mm (1/2 milling tool size) smaller to preserve proper dimensions.

filling spaces requires to fill an outline structure with multiple
paths until it´s completely filled. there is a document at the
schaeffer page with recommended path offset for several
tool diameters.
(http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/docs/erstellen_HPGL_fpe_021101.pdf ,2nd page)

I used the 0.2 mm tool for the entire layout and schaeffer
recommends 0.07mm path clearance for good results.
it turned out perfect for me on the 1st try.

if you do the layout in illustrator filling shapes is easy.
look under menu "paths">"create offset path"

hope this helps,

steff

edit: the lady from schäffer told me on the phone: if it looks good in the FPD it will look good in real life ;-)

Latest posts

Back