SSL - Iceblue * another HPGL Schaefferpanel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Stefan :shock:
Wahnsinn, genialer Tip und geile Optik.
Vielen Dank für die Inspiration. Bei mir wird es anfang nächsten Jahres auch einen Pultec mit BA283 geben (wenn es die Götter des Kupferablaßventiles zulassen).
Grüße
Jens

Q) for Steffen: In your stereo 1176, I saw u used a LED to indicate that the SLAM mode is active. Where does this LED get's his power from?
Do you use a separate bridge rectefier & regulator for this?

I'm building a stereo 1176 as well and I want to make a toggel switch to activate the SLAM mode. The only problem is that if I want a LED as well I will not get there with a DPDT toggel switch.
I have to use a relay for switching the SLAM mode.

That was the coolest design ever!!!
Which knobs did you use? Wich meter? How much did the case, knobs and meter cost!?
Gotta have somthing like this!!

[quote author="BackHand"]That was the coolest design ever!!!
Which knobs did you use? Wich meter? How much did the case, knobs and meter cost!?
Gotta have somthing like this!![/quote]

Knobs: http://www.mentor-components.com/index.phtml

2,60 (small knob), 3,80 (big knob) /piece

Meter: dunno, got it off ebay

Case: www.robeshop.de , around 40-50 euro with 3mm silver anodised panel

steff

yepp, like thomas said...use a relay...all controls and signals in my 1176 version are relay swiched.
I use a 2x6 rotary for ratio. 1x6 for the controlamp (ratio) relays and 1x6 for switching off the meter in slam mode (6th position)

steff

Thank you Steffen and Tekay.

Steffen, is it possible to see the inside off the stereo 1176 you made?
Or did you post those pic's already in another thread?

Thanks.

[quote author="tk@halmi"]That looks nucking futs good. How long does it take for you to design something like that?[/quote]

the frontpaneldesign took 5-6 hours I think
...the entire unit...uhhh...dunno...can´t tell...4 pcb revisions...psu latchup fixing....sidechain implementation....testing...building....

steff

[quote author="radiance"]Thank you Steffen and Tekay.

Steffen, is it possible to see the inside off the stereo 1176 you made?

Thanks.[/quote]

here it is:

1276top2.jpg

So when you say completely in hpgl, are you doing the layout in a graphic app to dimenstion ( 19 X 3.5 inches, for example), saving that as hpgl (variety of mechanisms), and then importing that into fpd?

Regards

ju

[quote author="fum"]So when you say completely in hpgl, are you doing the layout in a graphic app to dimenstion ( 19 X 3.5 inches, for example), saving that as hpgl (variety of mechanisms), and then importing that into fpd?

Regards

ju[/quote]

yepp

from the other schaeffer thread:

[quote author="Steffen"][quote author="ChuckD"]Steffen,

How or Why is it cheaper to use an imported HPGL file instead of just designing the panel in FPD format??

Very import to me as I wish to cut down my panel costs!!! [/quote]

I really dunno....I found it out by accident and was very surprised since Frank (NRGrecording) told me he´s paying much more for the engraving.

[quote author="ChuckD"]
Is it possible to export the FPD to corel, or something then bring it back in as a HPGL file??? Will this save me money?

-ChuckD[/quote]

yepp that works. here´s what I do.

I do the complete design in Illustrator Mac (including line filling etc.). then export as DXF. then switch to coreldraw running on virtual PC, import DXF, export HPGL. then import to FPdesigner (also running on VPC :green: ) ...done

btw...I do the layout on illustrator because I work with the program for while now and know how to use it for the stuff I need. Im shure you can do all the drawing in corel too.

steff[/quote]

Latest posts

Back